Herpes Community
herpes ?s
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

herpes ?s

hello
i feel really strange asking a stranger this but its better than anyone i know. ive read your past blogs and things and seem like a trusted personel who may help me with what is goin on.

ive been diagnosed a couple days ago

if i may have given it to someone is there any way to know for sure? or if they gave it to me??

and is it possible it may lay dorment for years before each of us couldve known?

and may i ever recieve unprotected sex or oral sex again with out spreading , i know TECHNICALLY it can but in all honesty is it just when soars and scabs are present,

i know these are odd questions under very bad circumstances but any help would be great

thank you :)

gracehhp is preferably who i would like to answer this question
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
let's start at the very beginning - what testing did you have done? do you have hsv1 or hsv2?

has your partner been tested yet?

grace
Blank
he did not say weither it was 1 or 2

he did the blood and swab, 3 TINY bumps on shaft

and called back said i was positive
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
do you have a regular partner?

give the clinic a call monday and ask if they typed your swabs to know if it's hsv1 or hsv2. if they didn't type it, ask them if they can call the lab and add a typing on.
Blank
so if it was found on my genital area would that make it 1 or 2

and if i dont have the type are all of those previous questions hard to answer??
im new to this and very concerned and confused and anxious
Blank
i found out she went to the hospital and they just told her to  take tylonel . she said she had a soar throat and fever so if the hospital doctor didnt link it up is it possible that not what it was with her?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you can have either hsv1 or hsv2 genitally.

many things cause sore throats. evidently they don't suspect oral herpes as a cause.
Blank
so with this being said my soars are dried up and gone

how long till i may engage in sexual activity? (such sex witha condom and unprotected oral)

my doctor said i had very minimal symtoms (symptoms) and probably wont have an outbreak again and could have had this for yearsss
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
did you find out which type it is yet?

has your partner been tested to know their status yet?
Blank
it is type 2,  and she says shes been to hospitals and such only getting no results,

and ive seen youve posted a free handbook about this kind of stuff if you could send me the link please

thank you
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
link is in our read before posting post.

so your partner hasn't been tested yet?  her regular provider should be able to order the testing for her. since her regular partner has been diagnosed with herpes, it's proper that she get tested and no one should be questioning her or giving her a hard time about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...