Herpes Community
herpes symptoms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes symptoms?

Hello I am a female and I have been diagnosed with hsv 2 for awhile now.. I have never had any outbreaks that I know of, if I did they weren't that bad.. and I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and we have unprotected sex and he has never gotten it from me. I have been stressed out lately about a drunken mistake I made (a guy gave me oral sex :( )  and I think I caused myself an outbreak. I thought it was a hemorrhoid at first, but now I think it was more likely an outbreak. Here are the symptoms I had:
About a week ago the area near my anus started itching.. I looked in the mirror the next day after putting prep H on it and it was swollen like a lump of swollen skin on my taint.. at the top there was a blister like thing and a few hours later there were some white/clear spots within the red blister.. I took about 3 baths a day for a few days and the swelling went down and the blister was not there anymore.. the spot where the blister was just turned into a pink cut looking circle and now it is fully healed. During this time I had headaches and kept getting dizzy. Also, as the blister was healing I had A LOT of watery discharge for two days and then it turned into white milky snot like discharge for a day. I also developed a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin after the blister went away and then a day later I got a swollen lymph node on the right side of my vagina. I have also had leg pain that felt like nerves or something shooting down my leg mostly down my left one. Is this what happens during an outbreak of hsv 2? Thank you for taking the time to help me.
forgot to mention that the right lymph node was higher up on my vagina on the right side than the left one was and they are both tender and the left one is achy
It could be possible that it was an outbreak or it could've been a hemorrhoid or some other skin condition/trauma. The symptoms you describe only happen usually during a primary outbreak; not recurrences. It sounds like this could be something yeast related or possibly something bacterial. If it persists then you should get it checked out.
these are classic symptoms of an outbreak. i have it and i know and they can be very similar to an initial outbreak. you can take Acyclovir to control outbreaks.