Herpes Community
herpes symptoms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes symptoms?

7 weeks ago i had protected sex using a condom with a lady who i did not know. the sex was a few minutes and the condom slipped off about half way but never exposing the penis head. literally immediately after, i experienced raised redness on my penis head and itching around the scrotum and pubic area.unsure of what this could be, i immediately washed with hand soap. the redness eventually subsided however the itching remained for the next 3 weeks. at 3 weeks i got a full panel std test including herpes select blood test and came back negative for all. also at 3 weeks, i started developing 3 or 4 small raised red pimple on penis glans (glands) and under the foreskin. it did not itch and burn. i immediately went to planned parenthood and got a swab test but at that point the red pimples were still there but started fading away. 1 week ago i got the results and they were also negative. 1 week ago i also started developing clusters of red raised pimples that turned into tiny white puss filled pimples that would pop within a day then subside into red then fade away. it never itched or burned on the head of penis but itchiness did persist around the pubic and scrotum areas although vesicles only appeared on penis head. today the cluster is totally gone but now i have 1 or 2 red raised pimples. i am scared this could be herpes and that i have not built antibodies yet or the swab came back false. i am hoping experts or other people on this forum could shed some light. i do have a few photos from outbreak a week ago in case that helps. any input would be great thank you!!
Based on your description of the timeline, this doesn't sound like a herpes issue. That being said, you need to be seen IMMEDIATELY if you develop any more bumps. Insist that they see you that day -- if your doctor cannot accommodate you, go to a walk-in clinic.

Unfortunately, the blood test you had at 3 weeks is not conclusive. Repeat at least 12-16 weeks after the questionable encounter for the most accurate results.
this doesn't sound at all like genital herpes going on.  sounds like you perhaps had an initial reaction to something - either a lube or a soap and now you have either a fungal infection or a folliculitis going on. didn't planed parenthood offer any suggestions when you were seen?

go back to be seen for your current symptoms. repeat your syphilis testing after 6 weeks post encounter and herpes, hiv and hepatitis testing after 3 months just to properly cover your bases.

grace
Planned parenthood didn't offer anything. They just said that it didnt look like herpes when they swabbed and when the results came back they said that the swab is super accurate and usually picks everything up even if its a dry scab so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I am definitely going to get a test after 12 wks to confirm a conclusive result as I know even though my symptoms may not suggest herpes, only a test can confirm an asymptomatic case.

Until then and to make myself understand, why wouldn't the symptoms I describe suggest any sort of symptomatic herpes? Could it be atypical?

Thank you both for your reply
sounds more like what I previously listed than herpes. I'd be seen again for your current symptoms.