herpes test results
I'm so confused my son had sex for the first time with a condom and once I found out I  had him tested for every STD . The Dr. waited 3 months to give him the results and told him over the phone he was positive for herpes 1 & 2. Here are his results:

Herpes Simplex virus 1/2 IgG      
HSV 1/2 IgG                                      38.4  High                   index                  0.0 - 0.8
                                                                                              Negative               1.0

HSV, IgM 1/2 Combination               1.50   High                    Ratio                  0.00 - 0.90
                                                                                         Negative                     1.09

Can someone help me understand all of this he is 17 and only had sex once with a condom...
really scared for him right now he's going out of his mind and I changed his Dr. to have him retested.

thanks for any help
Your doctor didn't do the right testing to begine with.  

First off your son needs a type specific igg test.  He needs to wait 3 months after his last sexual encounter to be tested.  Condoms will protect against most STD's but HSV it doesn't do much for.  

I won't read your results but your testing was a combo test (1/2 IGG) and that is not what should be done the Type Specific IgG is the one he needs and it will state the type.  Though if he has a history of cold sores then you know he will test positive for HSV-1.  

Do NOT get the igm test done for HSV.  It's worthless and can have a high false positive.

Feel free to keep asking us questions.  Once he gets the type specific test you can post his results here as well and grace can look over them.  
Thanks so much I will post once he is retested...