Herpes Community
herpes transfered to child.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes transfered to child.

Hello I have a few questions..
if I dont have any symptoms of genital herpes is the virus still in my body fluid??
I have read old post with people saying there children have come up with genital herpes later in life after birth and they dont know how it happened is it possible??
Im really worry about my baby we have showers together when toilet training we both went to the toilet after each other, i always wash myself down south befor my child gets in the shower and sometimes I shave befor my child gets in so they dont keep asking why mine is hairy..I've had to put nappy rash cream on my baby after the shower a few times ,one time I shaved befor they got in what if I had a small razor cut I didnt feel then put cream on my baby I am worried cause putting rash cream on is like rubbing it in im freaking out thinking about everything..how long can the virus stay on my hand for in a bath room??Would the virus be in a razor cut??im freaking out cause when i found out i had it i was told it can only be passed on when you have a sore now finding out you can pass it when you dont show any symptoms ,I am always really careful when I have a outbreak but what if I wasn't when I didn't have any symptoms..is the virus on the skin or up in side me or in the fluid that naturally comes out??i am so worried its all i can think about now, is manybe i passed it on to my baby with me not been careful enough..i know not all people show symptoms for months even years after getting it could this happen to my baby..?my baby has had thrush could it of been herpes not thrush..if it was would thrush cream or nappy rash cream make herpes go away?? I haven't seen anything on my baby but everyone is different with symptoms so I dont know what to think..Please help
Tags: Herpeses
Ok, I will educate you about herpes.  First, you cannot just give it to your child in the matter you stated. Herpes needs to be rubbed in. Hence, sex.  The infected skin needs to rub onto the non infected skin for a bit to get it. This will not be the case with your child.  Second, women that have herpes and are pregnant can pass it to their child during birth.  This is why they will have it later. Some doctors will recommend a C section to avoid this issue and this will solved any chances of getting it.
So is the virus on the skin down there or is it in the fluid or up inside?? I know you dont have to have a sore to pass it on so im wondering if you dont have sores how is it passed on..
I am worried because I have put nappy rash cream on my child and I am worried that putting cream on could be rubbing it in if the virus was on my hand.or by changing my babys nappy...
I would just like as much info as i can .im freaking out thinking about everything wondering if it is possible..
people have said they had babys with no symptoms at birth but then later in life have come up with herpes is that possible. ?