Herpes Community
herpetic esophagitis chances?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpetic esophagitis chances?

I have had a bad cold for 3 days. Today  woke and felt that I might be getting a cold sore. Took my valtrex. Later on, I noticed that I had a tiny round blister inside the bottom lip. This is on the other side of where my cold sore wants to start.
Anyway, dumb dumb me popped it while checking it out. Now, I'm freaking out thinking that I am going to self inoculate my throat. took my 2nd dose of valtrex.
Can this really happen? I am sick so my immune system isn't what it should be.
Can the virus in the blister cause me to start getting sores in my mouth more and in my throat.
no you didn't spread it to your throat.

grace
I have been reading that you can spread it to other places. Some say no because your body develops antibodies but there are other reports that say you can.
grace, why do you say that I can't spread it to my throat?
The blister popped and released fluid that contains the virus. I am sick so my immune system is low. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
it's already in the same nerves that supply that entire area - you already have it there!!

you really don't have to worry about spreading herpes around your body. any time you touch a cold sore, wash your hands.