Herpes Community
herpetic whitlow

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpetic whitlow

I have these bumps on my fingers and sometimes on the palm of my hands and the sides of my feet that are filled with clear liquid. It is not painful at all, but the bumps annoy me so I pop them and pick at them until it turns into a small open wound. I feel like I get it at certain times each year. I explained it to my doctor once when I didn't have an outbreak and he said it was herpetic whitlow, but he said it like it was no big deal and didn't even mention medication. So now a few years later I decided to do some research and saw that herpetic whitlow is very very painful and very easily transmitted. I have been in a relationship for 2 years now and he doesn't have it, and it causes me no pain. I thought maybe it could be Granuloma Annulare. I dont have a clue what it is, but does it sound like it could be herpetic whitlow? Any ideas on what it is?
this sounds like dyshidrotic eczema.  do some reading on that , and compare it to whitlow symptoms.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers