Herpes Community
high hsv 1 and low hsv 2

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

high hsv 1 and low hsv 2

Hi, I recently had two elisa hsv igg  type 1 & 2 specific tests done.
My first score was hsv 1 (3.94) and hsv 2 (1.7) the second test was hsv 1 (29.5) and hsv 2 (1.4).
I have never had ANY symptoms and am aware that you can be asymptomatic. Also my boyfriend of multiple years tested negative ( never contracted hsv). I am wondering if it is possible that my elevated hsv 1 score could produce a false positive in my hsv 2 score or if 1.4 is really considered a definite positive (I know 1.0 is positive but I have read that if it is below 2.0 the results are questionable)? thanks.
indeed your hsv2 igg's are in the low positive range and will need confirmed with further testing. A herpes WB  blood test is the best test for doing this. If your provider uses quest labs it's test #34534.

grace