how fast does acyclovir work for ppl with primary outbreak of herpes?
i had a small cluster (3 to 4) of fluid filled bumps on my scrotum when i started taking acyclovir 16 hours ago (400mg x 2 so far), and it seems like they're almost gone. i took me a long time to find them.

is this normal?
I read your other post and let's just keep all your questions here in this post. thanks!  our read before posting post covers why we ask this if you haven't read it yet.

what kind of testing did you have done so far for herpes?  have you ever been tested for herpes before this?

acyclovir will not heal herpes lesions in 16 hours.

grace
testing so far is visual, fluid swab, and blood sample for type specific antibody testing. results will be available later this week.

yes, i've been tested before all negative for hsv 1 and 2, all negative.

thank you
to be clear, this were newly developing bubbles, not lesions or sores yet. existing sores, open blisters do remain. does that make a difference in your response?
no it does not. a newly acquired herpes infection will take a minimum of a week to heal, even with herpes antivirals. anything that heals in a day or less isn't herpes related.
okay, this now got complicated and i need input. my other post has the herpes detail.

talked to doc regarding test results, and said they all came back negative or too low but it could be false negative and we should test in another couple of months or if there's another breakout.

cluster of fluid blisters subsided, never broke. one remains is red flat and smooth, but no itching or burning

tears or open sores in stretch mark in groin (in the fold right where thigh meets crotch) have almost entirely healed. doc never thought that was a herpes symptom, but a rash, although i figured he was wrong. there might be scabbing there, but i can't tell.

i took acyclovir 800 mg 4x per day for almost 3 days

doc said stop the acyclovir (800 mg 4 per day) to see what happens

it's been less than a 4 day period all of this has happened, i'm currently at day 15 for reference since possible exposure. based on reading, i could still be early in a breakout i suppose.

went to a different doc today for a second opinion, he said none of this looked like herpes to him and said forget about this, move on, and take a test in a couple of months.

after a day without acyclovir, i feel have random itchy moments all over body... foot, leg, shoulder hand, scalp, etc. i don't usually have itchiness, so this seems odd to me, and i was experiencing this and nerve tingling in toes earlier.

anyone have any ideas what's going on here? i don't need a conclusive diagnosis, just some suggestions on what i should be doing or considering besides waiting for testing in a couple of months.
another update. after being off acyclovir all day my legs started burning intensely so I popped one more and a pain killer.

if there was a test you wouldn't recommend into take which would that be .... herpeselect or biokit or?
return to be seen for further work up. herpes doesn't cause these sorts of symptoms you are describing.
Did you ever figure out what you had? I started taking Acyclovir two days ago and my bumps are disappearing as well. Waiting for results from testing to see if I have HSV2.
I have been told by two doctors that the sores i have in and around my anal area look like herpes. So i have been tested but none of my test have came back.  I have just started taking a antiviral medication. How long before i see results? Ever since i have seen the sores i have not been able to do number 2. It burns like fire and feels like i am passing glass. I am really woried because i havent used the bathroom in like a week.  Can someone please respond and tell me what you think. I have also had a new blister come up on my vag that hasnt popped yet. Is it normal for a out break to start near your rectum and travel up to your vag?  If so how did it travel from one spot to the other?