Herpes Community
how is it possible for me to infected with hsv when i did use a condom ...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

how is it possible for me to infected with hsv when i did use a condom on a sex worker??

hi dr,

i've been diagnosed with HSV-2 4 weeks back by a dermatologist. but 2 weeks after infection, i went for a blood test lgg, but both came out negative, i had unprotected oral sex from a sex worker and protected vaginal intercourse. so i do wonder how i got infected, on top of that am i at a high risk of contracting HIV as i do not know the medical back ground of the sex worker.

many thx

This discussion is related to Confusion about HSV2 and Condom Use.
This is not the docotors forums you have to pay to post there.

Was the diagnosis done via visual exam or with a culture?  

Visual diagnosis is wrong 1/3 of the time even with HSV experts.  Get an IgG test after 12 weeks from this encounter.Condoms don't protect but about 30% as they don't cover the entire area that if the person can have an outbreak which can lead to transmission.
thx mistakeguy,

the diagnosis is done via visual exam, he given me viral drug to be taken 3times daily for 5 days inclusive of topical cream usage. hence it prettyy sure then it's a herpes outbreak isnt it, the drugs prescribed is acv 400. will there be other viral infection having the same symptoms as genital herpes???

on top of that am i in the high risk segment for contracting HIV?? i went to the dermatologist today, i told him i've taken a hsv type 1 & 2 antibody test, it shows negative, he told me it is most likely that the virus aborted the infection due to early medication. i started medication roughly 6 days after 1st symptoms appears. urinating pain n etc..