Herpes Community
how long can herps lay dormant

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

how long can herps lay dormant

How long can herpes lay dormant. the higher the Igg in hsv 2 does that give you can indication of how long you have been infected in my case my hsv 2(blood test) 8.24.  I'am just having a hard time trying to figure out where I and when I got this .  Again I have been with my husband and only my husband for a total of sixteen years.  First outbreak in June '08 (red sore on liba) I experience yeast infections down though the years could these been outbreaks? He has tested neg. for I and II  It's hard for me to believe for sixteen years of none protected sex that he has not been expose to.    
Tags: how long
Herpes can lay dormant for 7-10 yrs. I just found this out. Alot of people don't know this and if they get with a new person they think that new person has infected them when they could've had it for years and never had an outbreak. and that is strange that you and your husband had unprotected sex and he hasn't been exposed. and have you have an outbreak since June?
Yes, I had one outbreaks in August and due to a colpscopy last Monday  I'am having another one.
Actually the vast majority of folks who are infected with hsv2 have no idea they have it until they are tested ( no - no 7-10 years thing ).  Many folks go a lifetime without realizing they are infected.

The numerical result of your test only means that you have it and nothing else. You can't tell how long you've been infected by the numeric results.  Since you've had no other partners in 16 years and hubby is testing negative, it's most likely that indeed you have been infected since before him and never realized it and luck has been on your side that he hasn't been infected.

If you read our posting tips we ask that you just keep adding your new questions to your original thread so that we can glance back thru your whole story. Thanks for your future cooperation with this :)  It just makes it sooooooooo much easier for us to reply!

grace
Thank you soooooooooooo much you don't know how helpful you have been to me.
Hi, I just got diagnosed with herpes simplex2. I had blood tests throughout the years because I wanted to be cautious about stds and I have had alot of other medical problems so I had them throw in the herpes tests. I am engaged and He says he has never had symptoms and he was married 17 years, but his ex cheated. I am feeling so confused and devastated.
Why did my blood tests come out negative until this breakout? I don`t understand all these test things. Can I possibly of had this and not known even with negative blood tests? I am new to this site and would like to join. Thanks, Angelica12

this is a strange disease like hiv and syphilis and i dont know y it is not a rotune test like the other std's. for example when i was calling around to labs figuring out what all this gaga ment i found this lady who told me she had it for over 30 years and her and her husband dont use condoms and he's still negative so its gets stranger!