Herpes Community
how long do the blisters last

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

how long do the blisters last

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the support you give to those in the community.
Can you please tell me how long the blisters usually last, would each blister come and go in 12-36 hours? What are the contents if squeezed? What came out of mine was a pale yellow colour? Is this hsv 2 or unlikely to be? while they were mildly itchy there was  no pain at all.  Also, they do not ulcerate as per some of the pics I have seen on the web.
I may be clutching at straws, but......
Thanks,
S
Everyone is different and has very different outbreaks
Mine usually only last a few days- the first OB they lasted for 6 days.
I never squeezed or even touched the blisters - PLEASE make sure you wash your hands very well! You can pass/spread the virus to more places and creat more blisters by messing with them.
I have had some that caused more pain that I could stand and some that were virtually painless - for me its all about where they are located. Not to mention during the 1st OB they didnt actually start to hurt badly until after they had burst. (But I was taking so much vicodin I hardly noticed :-)
The pics on the web seem to be MUCH worse than any case I have heard of, the blisters look similar in some ways, but remember no two cases will look the same.
anything that lasts just a half day to a day and a half isn't likely to be due to herpes. also any liquid from a herpes lesion tends to be clear, not yellowish.

I encourage you to not pop anything the next time it shows up and go and be seen and get a proper evaluation done.  

grace