Herpes Community
hsv 1&2

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

hsv 1&2

Hi I have been having red rash on my dick head for the third time in 3 weeks I use some antifungal cream It goes away qnd then comes back I went to the doctor he suggested me for a herpes test for hsv1&2 I got it done the results are hsv1igg=3.4&igm=1.26  hsv2 was negetive with value of igg=0.21 &igm=0.50 what do you say should be my protocol now what coukd it be,.,,,,...
Tags: HSV-1-2
Your test results indicate that you have HSV-1 like most of the adult population and are negative for HSV-2. HSV-1 can appear on the genitals as a result of oral sex with a partner who has a history of cold sores. However, if you have had cold sores prior to receiving oral sex then there's no reason to think this is HSV-1 genitally since once infected a person is immune or at the very least extremely resistant to acquiring the same type of herpes in another location on the body.

Your rash on your "dick head" or glands could be ballanitis or lichen planus among other things...it's hard to say without a biopsy or swab/culture. Next time you have symptoms, be sure to have your doctor swab it for HSV-1. If you've had cold sores since before you had your first oral sex experience then you aren't going to get HSV-1 genitally and it's something unrelated to herpes.

Given the frequency of you getting this rash on your glands, it'd be extremely unlikely for it to be HSV-1 since most of the population who has it genitally get only a few breakouts over a few years if any. Also, you likely would've experienced a painful outbreak with HSV-1 especially if you had no antibodies to either type.

Most likely conclusion: this isn't genital herpes and you've had cold sores (HSV-1) since you were a child, which gave a + result for HSV-1.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers