hsv 2 in child
I am a mother of two beautiful children. My daughter is nearly four and my son just turned two. My daughter developed tiny oral lesions when she was only a few months old. I thought it was due to allergies or something as me and my husband are HSV 2 positive and HSV 1 negative as confirmed by blood tests. She then developed a few spots on her bottom, doctor said it looked nothing like herpes. She has had those ever since, to and from (not very often). When she turned three her oral lesions got bigger with a really nasty cold and unfortunately her then 1.5 year old brother caught it (he only got a tiny crack at the corner of the mouth that turned into a tiny blister). At the same time my daughter developed small red blisters on her wrist and arm, I assume from rubbing her arm and wrist under her nose and mouth (itchy nose during her cold). My son then developed two blisters on his arm and two at the top of hisd bottom (just below waist height). A few months later he got a nasty cold and developed small sore blisters around his anus and scrotum. He has now in the past 6 months had the same blisters three times. A week ago, my daughter developed the same rash and blister on her bottom and around her vagina. I don't know what to do. Everyone told me that I couldn't transmit the virus through normal contact, but I can assure nothing else but normal contact has been going on in this family. We both love them and would lay down our lives for them, how could this happen? We kiss them, but never on the mouth (and kissing on the cheeks and on the head must be considered normal???) My daughter has probably had the virus since she was about 6 months old, but why has it spread now? And I can't take them to the doctor, as the doctor I took my daughter too see about the oral lesions (before all this other stuff happened) said that she would have to report us to the social services if she had oral HSV2. What if they think we have abused them and take them away? And especially now if they have lesions on their genital areas??? It is not too bad on my son, but my daughter is sore and doesn't want me to put cream on as it stings.
If I had been told that the virus can infact transmit through normal famliy contact, I would have taken more precaucions and I definitely wouldn't have kissed them or shared same spoons etc. But I was told HSV 2 ONLY transmitted through sex. That is wrong, and now we are absolutely devastated about this. How do you tell your kids, and will they hate us? I feel so alone, and I can't talk to anyone, not even my daughter. My husband feels dreadful, but he doesn't dwell on it the same as I do. It is on my mind 24/7, whereas my husband is a bit more practical. His point of view is that we haven't done anything wrong by them, we love them and they are otherwise very healthy and happy. They got this virus from us, and yes it is not great but it is not a life threatening disease. He says that we should not worry for now, and just make sure we continue giving them the happy and loving childhood they have had so far. I am glad he can be more upbeat about this, because I feel like the worst parent in the world.

Sorry about the long post, just nice to tell no one in particular, just to get it off my chest.
I already replied to this in the other post you also posted it in.

grace