Herpes Community
i have herpes but what if my partner doesnt have it.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I recently found out that i have genital herpes and gonurrhea. I had my first outbreak a day after haveing sex with my boyfriend. I told him what i had but he has no signs of either STD...how could that be? He's the only person i have had sex with and i never had an STD before until i stated haveing sex with him. Another problem is that one side that the herpes are on cleared up in 4 days and there are no scabs or anything and the other side is still there but i had developed liltle tiny blisters around the sorses but they dont hurt at all....and again i have no scabs. With the gonurrhea it doesnt hurt when i pee but when i went to the doctor she gave me medicine for a yeast infection not gonurrhea but my test came back that i have herpes and gonurrhea. How could that be???? I f my boyfriends test comes back negative for both STD"s does that mean my next test will be the same? And could my doctor just say i have herpes becase she reall doesnt know what i have?
you need to be properly treated for gonorrhea. the only treatment still effective for gonorrhea is IM ceftriaxone ( shot in the butt ).  you and your partner should both be treated for it.  

what testing for herpes did you have that came back as +?  

grace
I thought they where razor bumps because every time i shaved down there bumps appeared. I have looked at many pictures of herpes and none of them look like mine...i thought may be i had an allergic reaction to what i used when i shaved. But my doctor said it looked like herpes and that i had an yeast infection not gonurrhea. She swabed my bumps and looked at it under a micro-scoop. I recently found out that swabs aren't aways right. Then she told me she would call me on friday about my results but she didn't... i had to leave a message inorder to get my results and my test showed i had herpes and gonurrhea. I told my partner but he has no signs of neither STD... he has no discharge, it doesnt burn when he pee's, he has no blisters on his penis. But i never seen the test....and my discharge is more brownish then yellowish. I really dont know what i have because one side cleared after 3 days and no scabs formed at all so im clueless...
If i have gonurrhea why doesn't my partner have it being that he is the only person i've had sex with and i contracted the STD from him
Okay i just looked at the so called herpes on my vagina and they have cleared up all the way....there just one problem i have no scabs at all. But i have only been taking the medicine for 2 days but the other side cleared up in three days when i didnt have the medicine. Is it possible that i might have had an allergic reaction to something i used down there when i shaved? And my mom has genital herpes and she said her's didn't look like that at all.
sounds like you need to go and be seen again by a different provider.  your discharge won't get better until you've had proper treatment for gonorrhea.

your partner needs to go for a full std screening too. today or tomorrow is best.

if you had a + lesion culture for herpes than indeed you do have genital herpes.  did they type it to know if it's hsv1 or hsv2?
They never told me what type I had...I had to call them and the nurse said i had herpes and gonurrhea, if im haveing signs of gonurrhea why isn't he haveing any. And i thought i might have had an alergic (allergic) reaction to something cuz i only had bumps in the place i shaved at and i used disinfected hand soap when i shaved down there and i always get bumps when i shave in that place...no where else but there thats why it doesn't make any since. And my bumps werent tiny and red they didn't look like blisters they just hurt and they were kind of big and i told a nurse that and she said i might be alergic (allergic) to what ever i put down there. And with the discharge is it suppose to  stink cuz mine does and it seem to have gotten worst when i took the yeast infection pill my doctor told me to take.
your discharge will not get better until you properly treat for gonorrhea. You want to be seen and take care of this properly sooner rather than later since untreated gonorrhea can affect your future fertility.  

your partner also needs tested promptly also.   A lack of symptoms is meaningless for him. he also needs tested for herpes along with gonorrhea to see what his status is.

Also call and check on your herpes testing and find out for sure what test can back + for herpes and see if they typed it.
Well i got treated for gonorrhea yesterday. But my ex partner made an appointment at the health department to take the test. He asked the nurses there some questions about herpes and gonorrhea, they told him that there was no possible way that he had herpes since he had no signs of both STD's. I told him that was not ture but he wouldn't listen to what im saying. But i also found out he has been having unprtected sex with alot of different women, so should i report him to the health department since he is spreadindan STD's nowing that he has it since he gave it to me.
you can't just report someone to the health department. If he tests + for gonorrhea, they will contact him and ask him for a list of his recent partners so that they can notify them to get tested. Nothing above that you can do.  

He probably didn't get tested for herpes at the health department. most don't do herpes testing unless you have obvious lesions to culture. he should cover his bases with a type specific herpes igg blood test elsewhere to see what his status is.

since he's an ex now it sounds like ( or at least I hope so if he was cheating on you a lot ! ), worry about yourself and your health. if your discharge doesn't get better in 2 weeks, return for further testing on yourself.

Im really not sure if i have herpes or not. And the health department here do test fo herpes. His apoinment is Monday an his doctor said he was going to take a blood test and stick something inside his penis. My ex boyfriend looked at whats left of the bumps and we looked at pictures online of herpes and none of them look like what i have. I read somewhere that it takes herpes about two weeks to appear and two to four weeks to dis appear. If that is true there is no way i could have herpes because another guy i had unprotected sex with doent have herpes or gonorrhea. And on top of that my bumps didnt turn into blisters and then turn into lesions i dont have any lesions....when i shaved thats when the bumps appeared and they always do when i shave in that area...the other side went away when my hair started to grow back in that area...could my doctorjust be sayin i hav herpes because she wasnt sure and i did have gonorhea and it has cleared up
You have a test result that is + for herpes.  Call monday and find out what test it was so we can get to the bottom of this.  Looking at pictures and trying to diagnose yourself is not a way to know if you have herpes or not. they post very obvious and very "classic" pictures of herpes online. Most folks have different experiences than the pix you find online and the way they heal depends on many factors.  You had a + test result for herpes and it sounded like it was a lesion culture. If you had a + lesion culture then indeed you do have herpes. Double check monday and get better answers so I can help you better with what test was done and was +.

No reason for your ex bf to have a swab in his urethra - gonorrhea and chlamydia testing can be done with urine testing and is less irritating.   He needs to get a type specific herpes igg blood test done to see what his status is for himself.
i just found out my ex boyfriends test results and they came back negative. But the doctor did find some bacteria in his swob. So im going to go and get retested even though i know i dont have herpes because we have had unprotected sex and if i have it then he is suppose to.
do you know what testing he had done?
he had a blood test done not sure which one. But i called my OBGYN and asked her how is this possible she said that the reason why he showed up negative is because he didnt have an outbreak when he got tested. But she couldn't explain why he didn't have gonorrhea. But in his swob they found some bacteria.....could that be because i have BV and not gonorrhea.
if you can get him to get a copy of his test results for you to post here I can better help you with his testing - e.g. hsv1 igg .45 and hsv2 igg .23 or whatever they are.