Herpes Community
if partners are both positive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

if partners are both positive

If both partners are positive for hsv2 can you tell me the protocal for togetherness? I mean could they spread virus to other spots on the body or increase the severity of the ob's. Since most of the people posting on this board seem to be experiencing symptoms of one sort or another. What percentage of HSV + people show little of no symptoms during outbreaks and does serverity of an outbreak change each time one starts? Thanks, I'm just trying to understand more about H.
You might want to fix your profile - you have yourself registered as female. Gets confusing for us folks trying to help you :)

If both partners have hsv2 the only reason to avoid sex would be for comforts sake. You won't ping pong the infection back and forth or make things "worse" or anything like that.   The only thing simpler than both partners having hsv2, is neither partner having hsv.

Only about 20% of folks infected with hsv2 are truly asymptomatic according to the studies done on it. Most folks just aren't aware that the symptoms that they are having, are due to herpes.  

grace