Herpes Community
is herpes causing the pimples on my face

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi.  I am new to herpes.  I occasionally get the painful sores on many different parts of my body (like cold sores, but on my head, legs, butt, and also face) and I also get the watery thin-skinned ones that break easily (and are painful to the touch) but also get "deep" pimples on my face and around my nose and under my eyes.  My question is... is herpes causing all of these deep pimples too or do I have some other infection?  These pimples are always just puss-filled and are not watery like herpes sores can be.  Any diagnosis for this?

2nd question:  I also get the red itchy scrotum that burns a little.  Does anyone have suggestion for curing the scrotum problem?  

3rd: Also - my herpes outbreaks seem to continuously roll from one to the next with very little time between occurrences.  any thoughts
whatever is going on, this isn't herpes. herpes won't cause you those sorts of issues on that many body parts.

if your regular provider is stumped, see a dermatologist for further work up for your various sores you are getting on other body parts.

how were you originally diagnosed as having genital herpes? Do you have hsv1 or hsv2?  ( or do you only have oral herpes? )  how do you treat your herpes?

grace
My regular doc just said herpes.. and didn't specify 1 or 2.  I was wondering if I should get a 2nd opinion.  I will go to dermatologist.  No treatment other than a cream for the sores (abreva).  The herpes (it in fact it is...) has not been that bad... just the pimples on/around nose and face.  The scrotum thing is bad occasionally too.  Will keep you posted. Thanks Grace!
abreva is relatively ineffective for oral herpes. it has no effect on herpes on other body parts. It barely got fda approval to say that it was able to speed the healing of cold sores :(