Herpes Community
is herpes painful

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

is herpes painful

can herpes be non painful ??? im really freaking out here... i wish that the doctor would have just given me a full blown std testing last week now i have to go in a week later still freaking out!!! please anyones feed back is greatly appreciated. i cant even focus on tasks that i need to because of these red bumps on my penis. also about a year ago i found out that my mother had her very first outbreak after 20 years of marriage... my parents never cheated on eachother ... but my father still hasnt had any signs... could it be possible i got it at birth... ???? im freakin
I am no expert, but from what I understand, I doubt that you got this at birth.   At this time you don't even know for sure that you have herpes.  Herpes is as individual as the person that it is affecting.   I, like your mother have been married for years before I had a noticeable outbreak, and my husband tested negative.  I have never cheated on him.

The outbreak that I had in August was quite painful, but that may or may not have been my first outbreak.  I may have had them before, but they were so mild that I didn't notice them or I thought they were something else.  It's different for everyone.

Check out westoverheights.com and read the updated herpes handbook, also, check out ASHA.org, there is alot of great information on both sites, heck, maybe you can even talk to your mom.  If my son came to me, I would be happy to discuss it with him.  

Good luck to you, I hope things work out for the best, but if it does turn out to be herpes, get yourself educated about the infection.  The more you know about it, the better you will feel.

I hope this helped some.
ASAH.org is The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)

www.ashastd.org is what she meant to post I"m sure :)

If you had gotten herpes from mom at birth - it wouldn't be manifesting itself now as genital herpes on you.  You would've been very ill soon after birth and you would've been hospitalized if you had contracted it at birth from mom. If you do have genital herpes, it's not from mom I can assure you.

You need to go and be seen and get these bumps looked at.  Bumps can be due to many different things, not just herpes.  Also talk to your provider about your anxiety too.

grace