Herpes Community
is it genital herpes or not, please help!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi Grace, I will try to make this short and simple. Ok im in a long term relationship and i had a fling with a guy that only lasted about two months but I was just with him 4 times last year.  We had protected sex but i performed oral sex on him with no protection. I got tested four months later for stds and it included a rapid herpes igg 2 blood test and it was specific and it came back negative, ok now back to the present. In march i had symptoms of a yeast infection but the only thing is that i would get little small cuts but would just last a day and my discharge was yellowish. I took diflucan and it webt away. Not to mention these symptoms were the week that i was getting my period. Last week i started to feel a burning sensation and some itchiness and yellowish discharge and i was so irritated and i noticed a cut but it went away within a day and i noticed more cuts but wouldnt last more than 2 days. It didnt hirt when i peed. So o took the diflucan again and it went away and not to mention it was the week i was getting my period.  I also have had leg pains for months that come and go but i was just diagnose with ms so maybe its that, my question is could it be hepes from my fling and the test gave me a false negative? Im confused. Or it is a yeast infection but with cuts??
I forgot to mention i got tested 4 months after my last encounter with my fling so im scared i contracted herpes orally by performing unprotected oral sex and passed it to my partner and he passed it to me genitally
Bump
you should stop self treating at this point. this isn't likely to be just a yeast issue if there is even a yeast issue going on.

go and be seen and get proper testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally at this point.

this doesn't sound like genital herpes going on.

did your regular partner ever get type specific herpes igg blood testing to know his own status prior to the two of you starting to be sexual together? it's not a part of routine std testing .

grace
I did go to planned prenthood and got tested for chlamidya and gonorrhea thru urine two days after i started with the symptoms and it came back negative and they said i didnt have anything, no bv or yeast. I wasnt satisfied so i went to another clinic two days later and she just tokd me oh you have a yeast infection. So thats how i took the diflucan.  So you think i can trust the blood test i took? No he never got tested and he wont, he is the type thag saus if you dont have it neither do i
that is erroneous thinking on his part. you two can't make educated decisions about what precautions to take for sex/oral sex until you know who has what.

if this discharge continues,  be seen again for retesting.
I have tested for stds about 4 times already in this year. I have done urine and swab so i know its not chlamidya or gonorrhea. That is why i was concerned about herpes. So it might be a yeast infection or bv and of its yeast you think maybe he has it?
doesn't sound like it's a herpes related issue. keep getting tested for yeast and bacterial infections when you have the discharge.
By bactetial infections you mean chlamydia & gonorrhea or can i rule that out?
bv is not a std.  it's completely different from chlamydia and gonorrhea. google it for more info :)
Ive had bv in the past so maybe it is that. So i can rule out std right?  
yes, you tested negative for the two that cause discharge.
Ok thank you so much grace :) you have been a great help!