is there another std that looks like herpes
I was just wondering if there are other std's that have the same symptoms of herpes. about 5 yrs ago i had sex with a girl who i think had herpes. about a week later i had an outbreak i guess. i just got a red spot on the side of my penis, it lasted about 2 weeks. while it was there, it was very painful, and burned if i put water on it. then it went away and it was almost a year before it returned. and since then it happens about 2 or 3 times a year but now only last maybe 2 days at the longest. but the reason i ask about something other than herpes is cause it is always the same exact spot every time. no little white blisters, no scab, no discharge. i have none of the symptoms that are explained in web sites. so if any one can give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it. by the way i have never ben tested for herpes. it never last long enough to really cause a problem.
It doesn't sound very typical of Herpes but I think it would be worth being tested just to be sure of your status,the fact that this keeps returning is a little bit suspicious although I think if it were Herpes you would have more sygnificant symptoms.
I don't think you need be overly concerned about it being Herpes but only a test would clear that side of things up.

Daisy