Herpes Community
is this herpes ? or maybe molluscum / hpv? (pics)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Someone please help. I will be detailed and include pictures below. I cannot make it to the doctor for a few days and the bumps are healing, so I need some opinions asap.

No pain, only slight itching, but I think that is my brain telling me I am itching after I all have read online about symptoms.

About 4 weeks ago I had a slightly redder than normal bump show up, which produced a pimple like white puss / blood after I popped it. About three smaller bumps showed up in the surrounding area, at the base of the pubic region. I anticipated it was an ingrown from shaving, because I have had them before, but no thin hairs could be seen inside of these really. The rest of them just went away on their own after about two - three weeks, crusting over slightly but not terribly like all the pictures of herpes simplex you find online. I thought it was nothing until---

Shortly after that, a small one popped up featured in the picture below - which looked similar but was on the upper shaft below the head. No hairs growing up there.... Ruled out ingrowns. Again, no pain, or really itching there... It never popped or looked to be fluid-filled, so I left it alone. It has collapsed similar to the others and is going away after about two weeks, but still remains red and raised a bit. After recent sex with my girlfriend, two tiny new bumps, smaller and shinier than the first four, showed up on the other side of the base of the shaft / pubic region. I have heard sex can aggravate the skin and bring the infection to the surface, for many things.

Sexual history wise... I have had unprotected with a few other partners in the past year before we started really dating, and she may have too, but I have not asked her yet about her history or brought any of this up until I have a diagnosis. We have had unprotected sex together exclusively for several months so whatever I have or she has I can only sadly assume we share.

The thing is, these bumps starting occuring at least two months AFTER any potentially past risky business, which aligns itself more with the timeline of hpv than H-S 1/2... I don't know, have a look at the recent pictures and let me know what you are seeing please... Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/pKFP8
we don't look at pictures here. why not is explained in our read before posting post on the forum.

this doesn't really sound like herpes going on from your description. since they are healing, really no use in going to be seen either in a few days.

if you and your partner are having unprotected sex - you should've properly covered your std testing bases prior to starting to do so. if you didn't, both of you should seek out full std testing that includes herpes testing to see who has what. have you both had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace
I understand Grace. Much to my dismay, I have not had any shots for hpv because the only time I've been truly educated about ALL stds is in my recent self-educating frenzy to disprove what my mind is telling me is worst case scenario. Ya know? I'll consider this option definitely.

But you suggest we both go in together for a screening?  

thanks
it's being sexually responsible for you both to seek out full std testing. it also could be protecting your future fertility too :)