Herpes Community
is this herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

is this herpes?

I recently became sexually active. I have only been with one partner, my current girlfriend. We have had unprotected sex. So recently I got a mouth sore but originally thought it was a pimple. Anyways now I get this terrible taste in my mouth when I touch my gums; I dont know if i would describe it as metallic, it just taste awful. I have noticed that its the same taste my girlfriend gets when we makeout but I thought it was bad breath but now I get it everytime I touch my gums. Could this be herpes or some other STD?
Do you know it was a coldsore?  Have you ever had them before?

You could have a infection in your mouth.  I am not 100% sure and would defer that to grace or someone with more knowledge on that.  My suggestion though would be for both of you to get tested to know your own status.  Make sure to request an type specific IgG blood test.