Herpes Community
itching

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

itching

hi, i have recently been infected with genital herpes and have just went through my second outbreak, i had been taking medication and just finished them yesterday. but follwing that, i have still been really itchy. is this a sign of another outbreak? i did experience this itch between my first and second outbreak as well. i just wanted to know if it is safe to have sex when i am itching like this?
Just because you have herpes doesn't mean everything is attributed to it.

How were you diagnosed?

You could easily have a yeast or fungal/bacterial infection going on. I know I had a yeast infection that came up right behind my first GH outbreak.

See your medical provider to get checked for the above...
well i had my first outbreak a little over a month ago and went and seen a doctor, she said it definitly looked like herpes so she took a swab. and gave me medication which took the sores and pain away but i was still itching. a couple weeks later my results came back negative so i thought i was in the clear but a week or so after my results came back i had another outbreak but it wasnt as bad as my first one. so i went back and seen my doctor. at this time there wasnt any sores present, just all the other symptoms associated with it so she took another test because she said that tests arent always 100% .a couple days after i seen my doctor i did get a sore where i was really itchy,  i am still awaiting my results but am more then certain that i have genital herpes.  i just want to know if the itching is normal between outbreaks or does it mean that i am having another outbreak?
as far as infection, that could be the case because between my 1st and 2nd outbreak the itching was mainly on the inside and outer part of the hole but this time its just around where my sore was located
So your culture was negative - and a visual diagnosis is not a valid one.

Did she even test for yeast/bacterial?

Follow-up to check on possible bacterial/yeast infection, and of course request an IgG type specific blood test to truly know your herpes status. I assume you did not have a blood test yet?
As of yet , no i havent had a blood test done. im sure what i have isnt a yeast infection because i have had many of those before, but after my next results come in i will be sure to get a blood test regardess of my results. i was just curious to see if anyone had the same problem im having . i thank you kindly for your help :)
Please do get the blood test. Imagine if you labeled yourself as having herpes when you possibly don't... and either way, itching for this prolonged a period is due to something (other than herpes, even if you have it).