Herpes Community
itchy red rash no raised bumps, herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

itchy red rash no raised bumps, herpes

Hello I've had a rash around the head of my penis and shaft now for almost 2 weeks, I did receive brief oral sex almost 4 weeks ago that lasted 10 seconds,  the girl did not have any noticeable herpes on or around her lips. My rash has been itching and every once in awhile tingles, but it has almost been 2 weeks the itching has been going on without lesions red raised bumps.does this sound like the initial outbreak for heroes? & how long after a rash as I described can you expect blisters, ulcers, &the outbreak to stop, I can't find answers please help thanks
you stated in your other post that you have a history of hsv1 orally already. it's not likely at all that you'd contract hsv1 genitally from oral sex.

have you been seen yet for your rash? You asked about this a week ago and received a reply.

grace
Thank you so much for all your help, I have a few more questions then hopefully I'm done with the posts.If its not herpes what could it possibly be? I left out some things in my previous posts, ever since 2 days of the rash I jumped to conclusions and have been applying hydrogen peroxide to the area twice a day, could this be causing the irritation, it does feel
raw at times? & I have had unprotected sex in the past it was a long time ago,never had any symptoms before,I did do an HIV test 8 months after the exposure & it was negative that being said could my symptoms of a 2 week rash with itch likely be HSV2?  I also had an upper respiratory infection around the time of the rash, I was on antibiotic, someone told me it's possible to get male yeast infections,  could that be what this is?
honey peroxide is non-chlorine bleach. it's not to be used for routine skin care. you are essentially bleaching your penis twice a day.

odds are this is a fungal infection but you need seen for a proper exam.

grace