Herpes Expert Forum
lymph node only
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lymph node only

i had oral to genital from a csw about 2 weeks ago.  5 days after i deveoped pain and swelling at the top of my pubic bone on the side, along the fold between my abdomen and thigh, and mostly above the fold right where some lymph nodes are.  equal pain/swelling on both sides.  pain is pretty bad -- I can sleep, but always present during the day.  if I look at a diagram of lymph nodes online, that is where it is swelling/hurting.  no other symptoms
qs
1.  i read elsewhere on your site that lymph node pain only starts after prodrome/lesions? given I have no other symptoms, can I assume this isnt hsv?
2.  is it unusual w/ hsv for only lymph node pain to occur?
3.  if this is the only pain/symptom, should I get tested?
4.  there was a lot of manipulation  --  could this be the cause of the pain?