Herpes Expert Forum
medical report- HSV-2

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

medical report- HSV-2

today i just gets my medical report, i get information as below:

Herpes Simplex Type 2   igG 5.1

Reference range Index
Negative = 1.1 Index

doctor told me that i have infect HSV-2, but i didn't have any symptom yet. pls help. it's can be cure? need any medicine? i'm  with my wife prepare to have a baby will affect my wife.??
infect HSV-2 means HIV??
Tags: HSV-2, HSV
There is no cure for herpes.  You may take acyclovir, valacyclovir or famciclovir, all available by prescription.

Terri

Note:  Some of the videos on this website contains information that is not correct about herpes.  I have not approved them and disagree strongly with some of the content.  Please do not take their presence on this website as an endorsement by me.
An index value of 5.1 does indicate that you are infected with HSV 2, yes.  About 80% of those infected with HSV 2 say that they have no symptoms of herpes.  However, it could be that you are having symptoms that you simple aren't connecting with having herpes or it could be that you really don't have symptoms, but could be infectious to others, like your wife.  If you take antiviral medicine every day, it will reduce the risk of infecting your wife.  However, if she is trying to get pregnant, I would strongly suggest that she also be tested for herpes.  She could also be infected and not know it.  About 1 in 6 adults in the US have HSV 2, so it is quite common.  It certainly doesn't now mean you have HIV infection.

If you would like to read more information, you can go to our clinic website, www.westoverheights.com and read the handbook online for free.

Terri
thanksfor your information terri

may i know what medicine should i take? at this moment anything can cure HSV-2?
yesterday i use home bio test for HSV2 test panel to test by myself, it's result all negative, which is correct????
If the male host has genital herpes and during sex, because of friction, chafing occurs. Would the female parter get herpes as well? Take in mind that the chafing is SLIGHTLY noticeable. And what are the chances of this happening?
Where do you live that you got a home test for herpes? In the US?
I don't know why there is a discrepancy between the two tests.  I would recommend a western blot to resolve it.

You can obtain a kit to do the test directly from the University of Washington lab.  Your doctor will draw your blood and send it back to the lab.  Or you can become a patient of our clinic and we will order the test for you.

You clearly need clarification of your HSV 2 status.

Terri