neonatal herpes question for GracefromHHP
hi grace i will appreciate your help, i am from Kuwait and i had brief unprotected sex with arab sexworker in lebanon almost 2 years ago (biggest mistake in my life) and i got married 6 months after that, i tested negative for all stds at 2 and 4 months but i am still worried particularly about herpes, from what i read i have known that herpes tests including herpeselect igg which i had are one of the least reliable std tests and 5% never have postive blood test,
i have had no symptoms neither my wife who gave birth 6 weeks go and we have now a beautiful baby but the herpes thing triggered my anxity over my baby as i read about neonatal herpes and how devistating it is, my baby is very healthy and has no symptoms whatsoever, my question is what is the chance that i have hsv 2 (negative test, asymptomatic) and transmit it to my wife (asymptomatic, had no test) and then to my baby(asymptomatic, had no test)??
i forgot to say that i just had additional herpeselect igg 2 negative two weeks ago (two years after the incident) and donated my blood (all negative) to relief my anxiety after my wife's birth....
you've tested negative repeatedly for herpes. no reason to worry about this. At this point your baby is at risk from hsv1 oral infections from the adults around her, not anything you might've picked up when you used the sex worker and given to your wife. don't confuse guilt with risk!!!

grace
Thank you grace........ :)