Herpes Community
newly infected?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

newly infected?

I had sexual intercourse with a new partner on tuesday night, the condom slipped off so we used a fresh one. I now have developed a rash on the tip of my penis. doesnt really itch or tingle but it does scare the **** out of me. My new girlfriend says she has no symptoms.
Tags: Herpes, rash
went to the emergency room and the doctor was unsure he prescribed anti fungal cream and acyclovir....Just appeared today no other symptoms
ER's are a bad place for genital issues :(  they are for broken bones and heart attacks. rashes and std's are not their speciality.

odds are that neither you nor your partner were ever tested for herpes before this. have you two talked about it along with all other std testing?

grace
Grace yes neither one of us has had sex with another partner for at least 6 months. I spoke to her last night she says that has no signs of infection. The ER dr was unsure as he said it looked like herpes but gave me some meds told me to use for a few days and said if dont clear up need to go to the health department. Help....
no signs of infection is meaningless for std's.  why don't you both go and seek out full std testing this week that includes type specific herpes igg blood testing so you know who has what? that way all your bases are covered from the condom incident.
Yes we are doing that tomorrow. However the rash is clearing up from antifungal cream and the rash is not spreading.
Grace how long does acyclovir take to work would it go into effect within 24 hrs
no it doesn't start working within 24 hours.