oral sex & herpes type 2
I was wondering if I can receive oral sex if I have herpes type 2. I'm taking suppressive therapy (generic of valtrex 3 times a,day). Can I still give it to him??????
did you ever confirm your status from your prior posts?

you shouldn't be taking valtrex 3x/day for suppressive therapy. what dose are you taking? are you sure it's valtrex?
grace
That's what my Dr gave me and I'm sure it's valtrex. It's valacyclovir hcl 1 gram tablet. I went to get a second opinion at an std clinic and they confirmed I have herpes type 2. I plan on going back to the std clinic next Wednesday so I can ask more questions b/c my primary Dr seems to not be on her A game when it comes to this situation.
So can I still give it to him if I get oral sex??
I will gladly look at any herpes testing you had done. did you have more blood testing done at the other clinic?

yes you can still perform oral on your partner.

you should not be taking 1 gm of valtrex 3 times a day every single day!!!!  You need to stop that immediately!!!  I also recommend you have your provider do a kidney panel on you to check kidney function if you've been on that dose for more than a week.    I can't believe a pharmacist filled that and didn't question your provider about the dose!!  

Omg Grace really???? I won't take another tablet. The std clinic did the rapid hsv2 test on me and it came up positive. They also checked my blood work and the number was 3.2. I trust the std clinic and the drs there. When it comes to this issue I'm just going to deal with my std Dr not my primary Dr b/c I don't know what she's thinking.
3.2 is still a low positive and needs confirmed with a herpes WB.  

Hey Grace,
Thanks for all the info. 3.2 is pretty low compared to what I've heard from other people. But I had an outbreak not to long ago so it could still be herpes. Do you think it can be something else???
you didn't have that ob swabbed to confirm herpes so you have to confirm your status correct?
No I didn't get an ob swab. Both drs are pretty certain I have herpes. I don't know if I should ask them to perform another test.
better to confirm your status and know for sure than it is to think you have herpes when you really don't, end up with a partner with  it and take no precautions and end up with it needlessly.