Herpes Community
oral sex with someone with a cold sore

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

oral sex with someone with a cold sore

I had oral sex with someone that had a cold sore under the nose, he also gave me finger and a bit worried cause he picked it at one point. i dint know cold sores were herpes:s
within 24 hours i got really itchy down there, thats when i started to get worried. i havent had any sores and my test before this was negative for everything.  after a a week or two i got a really sore throat. it was really bad.

Now its 5 months after i have itchy inner thighs and a bit itchy down there and a wierd rash that dint develope to sores or blisters. sometimes burns
when i pee, but not so bad that i hate going to the toilet.

please help i am pregnant and woried about giving vaginal birth, :s
my question is can i still have hsv if i never had any sores or blisters when my test before the oral sex was neg. ?
you need to be seen this week and get a proper exam done. since you are pregnant, you need to deal with this promptly. bv especially causes a lot of itching in us gals and can cause premature labor.

how far along in pregnancy are you?

grace
i am 23 weeks and i just taken ´medication for bv,
the itching is not that bad at all. its just my inner thighs, it seems so be worse when i have clothes on. there is still no sores. just a spot. but it dont hurt at all.
but could it be herpes? really worried. :S
odds are you weren't tested for herpes so far during your pregnancy. it's still early enough in your pregnancy that you can seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test when you are seen too.

getting rid of bv can be a booger sometimes. call your obgyn today to see if you can be seen and get a full exam. with it being a long holiday weekend, it could be awhile until you can be seen if you can't be seen today :(
ok but is there a high risk that i have herpes then ?
but the doctor said i could have a yeast infection after taking the medicine for bv. but i will try to go back again the.
you don't know your herpes status. you had oral sex from someone with an active cold sore present. following up on this properly is a good idea.

the "chunkies" after using vaginal bv treatments are normal. sometimes it is yeast but most of the time it's just dead bacteria coming out of your body. Itching can be due to the bacteria coming out and irritating the skin or it can be that you still have a vaginitis going on. vaginitis though isn't going to cause tenderness in the thighs.

being pregnant, I don't encourage folks to mess  around for symptoms without being seen.
thanx :)
i did go in and ask about it but all they said was if i havent had a sore then its not herpes and sent me back home :s and so did a nother doctor at a std clinic :s
but i just got a blood test even though they said i probably dont have it. just to be sure ,,
:)
if they didn't do a full exam on you, they did you a great disservice and I'd see out follow up elsewhere for this.

it's too early for blood testing to be of much help for you to be honest.
too early its been 5-6 months since the oral sex ?
well if it was 5-6 months ago then yes enough time has passed. since it's hsv1 though, no way to know if a + hsv1 result is oral or genital. certainly being tested for herpes is a good idea during pregnancy if you weren't already.
ok great. thanx
but since my test before the oral sex was negative does that mean if i do have it it would be down there right?
is it bad for my baby to worry so much ? :s
and about the bv they gave me 500 mg of metronidazol actavis 1 pill twice a day, and there was 30 pills, one doctor said i should take all and a nother said i should only take it for a week. so i just took it for 10 days,
should i take the rest of the pills? or should i just be tested for bv again?
odds are if you didn't have hsv1 prior to the oral sex, you would've had very obvious and painful symptoms within a week or two of the oral sex.

don't guess and self treat - be seen!
thanx a million :D
i will go back on monday to be seen about the bv :)
you made me feel much better.
but i did get itchiness withind 24 hours of the oral sex,, and a sore painful throat 2 weeks after,? would this be obvios symptoms?
nothing else we can add at this point . follow up with your providers to find out what is going on genitally.
i have 2 sores in my mouth one on my inner cheek at the back that looks white, and a spot like one at the back of my tounge but not white, they are quite painful, could this just be canker sores ? i also have a sore throat,
once again, you need to be showing these symptoms to a medical provider. we really can't help you much with them at this point.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers