pimple on outer labia
The other day I noticed some minor itching and then noticed that I had a small pimple on the outside of my labia. I had my boyfriend look at it and he said it looked like a pimple (raised with a white head). Is it possible to have a pimple or a clogged pore in that area? Has anyone had one? I am going to see my gyno on Monday and I will have him look at it but was just curious if anyone knows about this. I have been with the same person for a year, and at my most recent pap smear in August, HPV tests were negative. Can I have a negative HPV tests and still have a wart? Could it be herpes? It is a little sensitive but does not really hurt or sting? Its only been a few days and it is already starting to decrease in size with no pain. Thanks for any advice.

Going to the doctors on monday is the best course of action. If neither you or your bf have ever been tested for herpes, why not both get tested while it's on your minds too?

The pap test only looks for abnormal cervical cells. Some pap tests also look for hpv - some just look for high risk, some look for high and low risk.  The thing is - they only look for hpv on the cervix so yes indeed you could still have an external hpv infection - the kind that causes genital warts.   Have you had your gardasil shots yet?

grace
I had a very sore spot on my outer labia that two days later got a white head to it and the next day had doubled in size and was very painful.  I popped it and it feels a lil better.  So far the majority says it was an ingrown hair/ clogged pore....before I popped it I saw a black dot at the center of the white head...which was most likely a hair...i'm keeping it clean with witch hazel wipes and if it is not better by wed.  i'm going to ask the doctor and I will get back to you on what he/she says.  Also I recently had a baby and have been wearing pads for 12 days now which is what most likely irritated the hair....someone suggested if this happens to you on your period switching the brand of pads you use.  best of luck to you!