Herpes Community
pimples vs. herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

pimples vs. herpes

3 days ago i noticed 3 small individual red pimple looking bumps on my buttocks. i don't see any reddened skin with multiple bumps/blisters inside it. i do shave, but it has been probably a week since i last shaved.  that morning i started to pick and try to pop the pimples, only to get a little bit of clear fluid out. maybe 6 hours later one got very large, more red, hard and tender when i sat down. the other two did get a little bit larger, more red and slightly tender. they all look like they are individual bumps around what looks like a hair follicle. i don't see any blisters or white heads or hairs coming out of the bumps. i didn't have a burning, itching and i didn't have any pain/tenderness until i started trying to pop them. i didn't have any pain during urination, flu like symptoms, fever or swollen lymph nodes.

day two i noticed two more small pimples that don't hurt and i decided to leave them alone. these are all scattered by the way, a few on each buttock pretty much where the pubic hair stops. the three mad pimples still do not look like blisters or have white heads. i got sick of the largest one and popped it until i took off the top layer of skin. i got a pin head size amout of what looked like white sticky pus, a large amount of clear fluid that towards the end was streaked in blood. it relieved the tenderness and i don't notice when i sit now. it made the pimple almost flush with my skin. it is still tender to actually touch, but i'm assuming that is because i took the top layer of skin off.

day three and i now i have 3 scabs with redness around them. i still have the two small pimples that are almost flush with my skin, but no blisters with red halos, no sores, no other herpes symptoms that i can think of.

my questions:
1) if this was herpes would i be able to pop it or would it be too painful to even try? after popping the one large one, would herpes feel better after being popped or would it have turned into an even more painful sore because the blister/fluid is gone? do you even get scabbing with herpes after trying to pop it at day 3 or does it take its own course and scab (for example) 7-10 days after the first sight of a pimple?

2) if this is truly a pimple is a large amount of clear fluid versus actual white pus normal? could it be a staph infection? what is the best way to make this go away faster?

i have a visit with my obgyn next month, they couldn't get me in any sooner. i will be speaking with her about possible herpes testing then. in the mean time i just wanted to see what others thought. thanks for your help!
you really need to stop picking at these and go and be seen. get a proper exam and if they suspect these look like herpes, a lesion culture can be done.  waiting a month to be seen isn't going to be helpful, especially if these are a bacterial infection that needs proper treatment. Your regular doctor for this is fine, it's not a gyn problem at this point.

grace