Herpes Expert Forum
possible Herpes

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

possible Herpes

I am extremely nevous. I had an encounter with a csw from a brothel. They get tested
for stds and HIV every 2 months. I had protected oral and about a minute of protected
vaginal. I did finger her for awhile and then masterbated my unprotected
penis.

After about 2 days I got chaffing and itchy felling in my inner groin area
no redness or and bumps. Nothing on my penis. I am very worried I have herpes
I was told I was at close 2 zero risk. The day before the chafing I went for a long run
and may be the cause but it is quite a coincedence. What is my risk? Should I get testing
how would I know if I have it if I only have chafing with no redness or pimples anyware aside
from a few on my buttocks. Thanks so much!
I have no idea if the CSW (commercial sex workers) are also tested for herpes.  Most often, that is not the case.  However, the circumstances of your encounter sound incredibly low risk for the acquisition of herpes.  The irritation in the groin sounds most like a fungal infection, but only a provider can help you sort that out.  And as you mentioned, bilateral herpes in this situation would be unlikely, and you had it before the encounter.  So that doesn't worry me much.

My opinion that your risk for herpes in this situation is very low.

Terri
Prior to this incident I was tested so I know I was in the clear. I have inner leg groin area chafing felling on both legs which I was told does not seem like herpes. I have no fever or anything else. How would I know if I got it. If it matters immediately after the deed I showered and soaped my genital area. Can I have it with only chafing an no pimples lesions? Very nervous!
It's been 5 days since the initial visit. As I think that may
matter. Sorry for the followups as you can tell I am
so worried. I am unsure if the brothel allows girls 2 work if they have been
previosly diagnosed but I suppose they might.
Thank you so much, do you think I warrant testing? This is my only questionable experience. Aside from chafing and irritation if I don't show blisters , sores , etc can I assume that in this case I am in the clear?
Should I get testing for my situation? I have a partner and would hate 2 infect her
I asked the same question on the HIV board and the Dr said no.
I am confused. I know I did a horrible thing I just don't want to make it worse.
If you are absolutely certain that you were tested for all STD prior to this encounter, including herpes, then no, I don't fee that you need to test again either.  

Teri