Herpes Community
posting tips :)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

posting tips :)

When posting to this forum - it's helpful for all of us  if you keep posting to the same thread.  You can bookmark your thread so that it's easy to find or if you click on the "my medhelp" button at the top of the forum you can view all your posts you've made on medhelp which makes it easier to find a particular thread of yours too.  It just saves us all time if we can glance thru your "story" before replying.  It gets very confusing when someone has 4 or 5 threads going all at the same time.  

NO PICTURES!  please do not post any pictures of your symptoms whether they are oral or genital.  First off the pictures are so small we can't really see anything anyways. also this site is pg-13 so it's inappropriate to post pictures of your genitals.  Also we are not your doctor - you need to be showing symptoms to  a trained medical professional - not to strangers on the web!  

Patience please :)  We are all volunteers here and we get to posts when we have a time. There are some absolutely terrific posters who stop by the forum regularly who will gladly help you when they have the time - don't get antsy if someone doesn't answer your post in a hour or two.  If it seems like your post got missed - just reply to it again to "bump" it up to the top again where someone will probably see it.  

Also don't get mad if you only get the response of - you need to see your provider about this and get testing done. We will gladly help you with information and support you when you get a diagnosis but there's  only so much we can do until then. Nothing replaces a personal exam and testing done by a qualified medical professional.  Until you've had proper testing done - it's mostly guessing.  

Also the doctors from the std experts forum do not stop by to read posts on the herpes or the std communities.  If you want their advice you need to pay to post on their site.

Also if you have any questions about how to post or how to send a note or a private message or how to fill out your profile or anything like that - feel free to post asking those sorts of questions too and we'll all try to help guide you :)  

Thank you for your cooperation :)

grace
Also filling out the gender part on your profile here on medhelp is also very helpful too :)

grace
Can you ask the people who are posting on both forums (the doctor's side as well) to let us know, as a courtesy, that they are doing this? I don't see any point in responding to somebody's post if they are getting a professional opinion. Unless they are looking for some kind of support around it and not just a medical dx.
Good point to mention too waring!  It's frustrating to spend time answering a post only to see the exact post elsewhere on medhelp.

grace
Also please be aware that anyone who continues to post excessively after being asked to stop doing so by the forum community leader will be subject to additional warnings/action by MedHelp.  

Also any member who creates a 2nd nickname is also going to be subject to action by MedHelp too.  

Also please be curteous to the other posters and don't hijack other people's threads when inappropriate.  Start your own thread so we can help you :)   We realize that the idea of herpes can be very anxiety provoking but we can better help you if your concerns are mostly in your own thread with your own personal information in it.  

grace

I just tried twice to post a question to the Ask the Doctor STD forum. There was no acknowledgement that my post was actually successful and I don't see it in my watched items. How can I tell if it went through? I did pay the $15 fee. Thanks so much.
no your post didn't go thru. You need to contact the medhelp folks to get your money refunded.

grace
Hi Grace,

I've just paid twice for posts in the doctor's forum and my posts won't go through. Is there anything that can be done about this? I really want to ask them my question.

Thank you
I have no control over anything like that. You need to contact medhelp for assistance.

grace
I presume my post is not appropriate for this forum because I have not received any replies.  Its the post regarding the red scar.  I'm not comfortable yet speaking to my physician even I know I should.  If I wanted to speak to a doctor, I wouldn't have put the post on this forum.  Based on your "tips" and not response, perhaps this forum is not the correct place for this question.  Do you agree?
"Patience please :)  We are all volunteers here and we get to posts when we have a time. There are some absolutely terrific posters who stop by the forum regularly who will gladly help you when they have the time - don't get antsy if someone doesn't answer your post in a hour or two.  If it seems like your post got missed - just reply to it again to "bump" it up to the top again where someone will probably see it."

If you found this post to post in then I'm sure you saw this.  thank you for your patience with this.  

grace