Herpes Community
precautionary question
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

precautionary question

I've never had a cold sore before and have previously tested negative for HSV-1 and HSV-2.  My girlfriend gets cold sores from time to time, however.  She hasn't had one recently.  I woke up four days ago with what felt like a pimple in the corner where my lips meet.  I never had any prodrome symptoms such as tingling, itching, burning, pain, etc.  It was white, but oddly shaped.  After two days, I attempted to pop it and some pus and blood came out.  A white head reappeared and remains there now.

Then, last night, I kissed my girlfriend.  Thereafter, she performed oral sex on me.

My questions are:

(1) does this sound like a cold sore?
(2) if it is a cold sore, could my girlfriend have passed it to my genitals by kissing my mouth and then my penis?

Thanks.
101028_tn?1348750963
this could've been a pimple, a cold sore, chapped lips or even angular cheilitis. hard to tell at this point.  should it reoccur, be seen within 48 hours of the appearance of symptoms for a lesion culture and typing. otherwise you can repeat your hsv1 igg testing in 3 months but they aren't as good at picking up hsv1 as they are hsv2.

no, your gf didn't transfer hsv1 from your oral area to your genital area - doesn't work that way. your risk would be from her hsv1 oral infection being active and shedding when she performed oral, not from any virus being on her lips after kissing you.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank