prodrome? back of leg cramp below buttock
hi,

is cramping on the back of leg (thigh area) below buttocks a prodrome symptom? i didn't find cramps listed on sites that describe prodrome, but i did see one posting on yahoo answers where a person said they get cramps.

thank you
Have you ever been tested for herpes before? Do you know your current status?

Herpes prodrome symptoms are different for everyone. Itching, burning, tingling, sharp pains...they vary from person to person. Genital herpes infections can cause some pains up the back of the leg in some people. Do you have any reason to believe that you were exposed to herpes?
it's most helpful when you just keep adding to your original post instead of making numerous posts on the forum. we ask this in our read before posting post which is now located under the "important announcements" tab on the forum.

can you get cramping in the legs as a sign of a prodrome? yes you can but it also can be a sign of many other things. continue to follow up as advised in your original post to try to get to the bottom of things.

grace
i have been tested, but only blood igg tests after possible exposure (all negative for hsv1 and hsv2), but they were all too early and could have be false negative.

i've seen a few doctors, and they were unable to agree on the symptoms i had at the time, but they all said be on the look out for a recurrence and prodrome symptoms, take the meds if you have them, if we see a classic outbreak of lesions we'll test them directly, otherwise at 3 months we'll do another blood test.

that's why i'm "watching out" for prodrome symptoms. i never get cramps in the back of my thigh. i have other symptoms like tingling and burning, but i've been advised that those could be my imagination.

the cramps were in one leg, behind the thigh, occurred about 36 hours ago and went away after about 20 minutes but soreness in the muscle remained for about 24 hours. no other signs of a outbreak have showed up since.

my old posting thread is really confusing and misleading because of all of the yes/no/maybe discussion i've had with doctors. i can post there, but i think it will only confuse ppl trying to respond.

thank you for the information.
My best advice for you is to wait until the three month mark, that way you will have accurate test results :) honestly, cramping occurs naturally in the body for a number of things...diet, hydration, stress, anxiety...many things. If you start to have an outbreak of lesions/sores, go back to your doctor immediately so that a PCR swab can be performed!

Honestly, the body can be very psychosomatic...if you try hard enough to find some sort of burning, tingling, pain...you will mistake natural happenings in your body for these things :)
I had something similar a few days ago. Wasn't cramping but rather an ache in the back of one thigh. The next evening (night before last) I felt some slight irritation on the back of that thigh and some tiny bumps came up. Not blisters. However, within 24 hours of them appearing they weren't bothering me and there has been no aching or burning and they have started showing signs of possibly clearing up. They never progressed to sores or blisters.

The Doctor I saw yesterday morning looked at them and didn't think it was anything. However, I like you had gotten my previous IGG tests too early after possible exposure so now that I'm at the 4 month mark, I got more blood drawn yesterday for another round of type-specific IGG tests. I should be hearing from them first of next week.
your original posts aren't misleading at all or confusing and it gives the full story about your situation so we can best advise you for follow up.  otherwise I have to keep going back to your original post all the time for the details which honestly wastes my time needlessly. thank you for your future cooperation with this.