Aa
A
A
Close
range on testing for HSV2
Regretfully with due suspicion of a partner that had agreed to exclusivity and lied to me about his sexual history  (but no admission of HSV2 nor HIV), I had reason to visit my doctor.  Bumps were confirmed to be mollescum, and the doctor ordered an HIV and HSV2 test, "just to make sure...routine."  I was horrified to get the results (Quest Diagnostics):
HSV 2 IGG, herpeselect Type Specif AB  Flags 2.6 Range H (reference is  1.1 positive.  

Because I have no behavioural risks, on my request 13 days later, I was retested.  To my absolute horror, the result came back at a flag of >5.0.  

I have a technical background; that the second result is more than twice that of the first, wiht the variation well beyond the range of the entire test--this does not make sense.  I am bewildered and don't know what to believe.  I have read that the results can be false postive at anything below 3.3.  

What should I believe?   Is there any test I can have that will definitely help me know what is really going on?   I have and never had any symptoms whatsoever (and I know this can be true with or without the virus.)  
Please help!

Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
we recommend herpes WB blood testing to confirm the low positives ( though your repeat testing was over the 5 cut off rate ). I think in this situation, confirming your status for sure is a good idea. how to get the WB for herpes in the US is listed in our read before posting post on the forum.

keep asking questions!

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703