Herpes Expert Forum
rash on penis, is it an STD?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

rash on penis, is it an STD?

Hi Doc, I received unprotected oral sex 20 days ago from a woman. I know it was a stupid mistake, I'm usually really carful. This morning a noticed a subtle rash on the left side of my penis. It's a bunch of small red dots (maybe 50 - 100) they really aren't blisters, they are really small and some hair follicles are coming from them as well. I so have a mild burning sensation too. Does this sound like Herpes? Is it just a rash?  

I'm really scared.
I doesn't sound like herpes, no.  Normally we would not see 50-100 lesions with new herpes and with herpes, they do look like blisters.  It could be a mild rash due to something else, or irritation from a condom.

If you are really concerned, you should have someone check it out in person, it is very difficult to assess over the internet.

Wish I could be more helpful!

Terri
Also the burning started to appear after I had rough protected sex 3 nights ago. I have no "spots" on the tip of my penis, i'm thinking it might be an irritation. I will get tested, I just want some piece of mind until then. Thanks!
Thanks for the response Terri. I've been applying Vitamin A&D ointment and it seems to be clearing it up. Blisters still haven't formed, just redness and a few spots. I'm guessing it's either a irritation or possibly jock itch, I'm a pretty active person.  
Glad to hear things are getting better.  If this comes back, please go in to be seen as soon as you notice anything so the most accurate assessment and testing can be done ASAP.

Terri