Herpes Community
recurring blisters in same spot

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

recurring blisters in same spot

I am getting a small patch of little blisters that are very itchy right above my pubic hair line. I had this exact same issue about 6-8 months ago in the exact same spot. I thought it was herpes but the doctor said it wasnt on my actual genitals so it wasnt and gave me antibiotic cream to help, which it did. I am now becoming very concerned because it has happened again in the exact same spot and I do not know why.
It starts off as a red patch of itchy skin which i don't scratch because it hurts, it feels like there is a large bump underneath the skin and then after a day or two the little blisters come up.
Can anyone help me with what this is???
Upon closer inspection it seems to be a small red patch which has white/yellowish colored bumps or blisters on it. They are irregularly shaped some tiny circles like that of a pin head and some a little bigger resembling squiggles there are about 6 or 7 of these things on the red patch. It feels very itchy but not painful unless I touch it.
Please help I am so scared!  
please can someone help me out with this???
At this point get a type specific herpes igg blood test done to see what your status is. If you are negative for herpes, follow up on this with a dermatologist.

grace
just incase someone has this happen to them, I have just gotten back from the doctors and it is hsv. I feel like my life is over and I don't know how I am ever going to live with this
what testing did you have done so far?

grace
they tested the lesion and said it was postive for hsv
so now i can be alone forever...
Do you have hsv1 or hsv2?

have you read the herpes handbook yet at www.westoverheights.com?  it's free and updated regularly.

you will only be alone forever if you chose to be alone.  you won't be along because of genital herpes!!!  

keep asking questions as you have them :)

grace
Thank you for your responses...I have hsv2. I just feel so alone in that I do not feel like I can tell anyone about this. I feel like people will see me differently and look down on me....I don't feel like I can tell my family...my friends.....its got me very depressed..and isolated
I just don't see how any man wouldn't be disgusted and run away when I reveal that I have herpes to them. I can honestly admit I would have responded that way if the roles were reversed....I just wish to God I was given that choice : (
so they said the lesion culture was hsv2+ or just assumed it was hsv2 since it was genital? If you aren't sure, call and ask specifically if it was typed.

1 out of every 4 women have hsv2. it's very common. don't let the idea of having a std weigh you down more than it has to.

have you watched the patient counseling video on the handbook website yet?

grace
Yes I checked the hand book out and thanks for your help...and yes it is HSV2 I saw the actual print out of the swab results myself. If I was a bit older maybe I could handle this better but I am in my early 20's and I feel like the men my age might not be as understanding as someone with more life experience...I'll be afaid to tell anyone about this because if then everyone will find out.
I don't want to be known as "that girl with herpes" or as a ****...I am so far from that but I trusted the wrong person.
Also, I have no idea how long I have had this for or who I got it from...I'm concerned I could've given it to my ex bf who I have been starting to see again. I'm afraid to bring it up to him and soon it will be weird if our relationship doesnt progress sexually since it was very intense before. I am also thinking it was him who gave me herpes because the time frame makes the most sense.
Is there anyway to know when this was contracted?
I haven't had sex since May of last year (with my ex) and my first lesion was around June and then I just got the 2nd one in December, they both came in the same exact spot.
I did have unprotected sex with another man about a year ago as well, before I was official with my ex boyfriend. I was tested after but I don't think it included herpes as for some reason that must be specifically requested.
Thanks.
another question I have is what if someone gives me oral sex, when I am not having an outbreak, could they get herpes?
And if I am giving oral sex can I give them herpes? I only have HSV2 genital herpes
I've had hsv2 since I was 19. it hasn't been much of an issue when it comes to dating. overall, only 2 guys have decided it was too much of a risk for them - all the rest had no problems with it.  

No there isn't any way to know when you contracted hsv2. Definitely talk to your current bf and let him know that he'll need tested to know what his own status is. You can't decide what precautions to take together until you know who has what.

You can't transmit your genital herpes unless someone is having contact with your genital area. You giving oral sex to a partner isn't an issue. they can contract hsv2 from performing oral sex on you but if you take daily suppressive therapy the risk is very low in general. You can also utilize barrier protection too if you want.

grace