Aa
A
A
Close
red spot on my upper lip
I have HSV1 genital for 10 years and never got a cold sore. I've been under a lot of stress the past few days and one popped up on my top upper lip right in the front. Its not a big nasty looking thing, more of red spot. not too bad... Is there anything that will clam it down so it goes back to normal? I canceled my plans for tonight and going relax with a movie to see if that helps... should I put anything on it?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
at this point, not a lot to do for it. antivirals work best when started at the very first sign of a cold sore and topical abreva doesn't really do much for cold sores and is way over priced.  you can try steeping a tea bag , letting it cool to luke warm and using it as a compress several times a day. it reduces swelling and redness. ice also does the same.

could this be oral herpes? it could be but at this point too late for a culture to know for sure. should it reoccur, be seen within 48 hours of its appearance for a lesion culture to know for sure.   you can get regular pimples too in that area as well as other infections.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources