Herpes Community
serious problems healing gential(genital) herpes blisters

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

giirfriend blood tested for hsv2 gential (genital) herpes & then someway i was infected gential (genital) area. i have been treating 9 small blisters for a year & little relief. treating w/ valtrex 500mg. 1 @ day , lysine 1000mg. every 4 hrs. , vitamin e 400 mg. ,2@ day , high potency multi- vitamin &  zovirax -acyclovir cream to infected area for 7 days . no real progress w/ healing gential (genital) blisters . please , please , pleaser any help out thier ???????   thank u
haha, well, the good news is you do NOT NOT NOT have herpes going on here!!! Herpes doesn't stay a year like you mentioned!!! You got something else going on there but it is definitely not herpes! Go see a Dermatologist at once....
thank u very much !!!   i am sure i have gential (genital) herpes .  the photos i have seen looks like gential (genital) herpes . i think my immune is low to stress which is very bad if u are trying to heal herpes . i am in the legal area & work is always hard. i will see dermatologist as u advised .
Genital herpes would come and go with definite periods of no symptoms in between. You very well could have genital herpes but you also have something else going on too.  

grace
If you had HIV, and your immune system was affected negativly, this absolutely COULD be herpes.
Good Luck
I read in another posting he wrote that these lesions he has has been there for over a year. Herpes isn't going to stay for a year and especially taking all of the drugs you have been prescribed. Get these looked at and make sure you tell the Dr they have been there for a year and you are on a bunch of pills and it is not going away!! Let us know what he says!!
thank u again very much . i will see a doctor asap.  i hope the dr. is dedicated to find the problem !!!  ofcourse , i am embrassed with this std virus. however, the constant pain is pushing me . do you know if some states track std patients in a central pc format ???
thank u very much for your input !!!   while i am dealing w/ hsv 2 gential (genital) herpes , i hope my girlfriend will not suffer from less intimate love time. question ??  if two partners have hsv2 gential (genital) herpes , can they enjoy oral contact to the gential (genital) area & not contract hsv 1 oral herpes . i think u commented on this subject & as i remember , u stated hsv2 would "protect a person from being infected w/ hsv1 oral herpes ". not 100 % but not likely !!!            did i understand u correctly ???     thanks again very much !!!!!
thanks for input to slacker ,  u are right !!!  no hiv here ,  i wonder if other cell damaging illness such as unknown sleeping cancer cells could hurt healing herpes area ??? thank u very much !!!!!!!!!
I would not resume your partner performing oral sex on you until you find out what is going on and get it treated. Once you do get rid of whatever the problem is that you assume is due to your herpes then it's fine and dandy to engage in oral sex with each other. Just don't perform oral on active genital symptoms to err on the side of caution.

grace
The more you write te9r, the more I wonder if a lot of this isn't psychological in nature. I have no clue what you got going on here but to assume it is herpes and not some sort of cancer or some other weird disease is manipulating the herpes to persist in hurting you, I don't get it. If you are indeed in this much problem, you best go see an infectious disease Dr. and get to the bottom of this...
thank u slacker , dr. apt. 7-23 .   i know i have tried to heal this sores / blisters . i am ready to get professional info .  
Just a quick note to say hi!

Hello there,

I being a med doc / neurologist was facing issues with my patients suffering from Herpes Zoster, treating with Zovirax since am away from US helping people in some other parts of the world.
Initially as a typical MD I thought that acyclovir is the answer.

But to my rescue came my friend a specialist in Orthomolecular med in the states.

He advised me to give I/V ascorbic acid daily for approx 7 days.
Although its dosage, duration varies according to the patient’s condition age etc.

Within 7 days to my surprise the pustule ruptured & healed & no post herpetic neuralgia.

It works for genital herpes too.

Once it subsides I recommend patients to take Free Form Lysine 500mg 3 times a day to prevent a recur, if the patient has a history.
Simple ascorbic acid crystals, sterile water drip & Calcium gluconate in it.

I don’t visit the forums often if you people have any question kindly email.
Adding to that IV acorbic acid works good for Herpetic infections in immunocompromised patients like those with Cancers etc.
Sounds like a commercial
Sounds like a ungrateful person!!
not a, an
recommending IV medications for care for herpes for non-hiv folks isn't very realistic.  This board is aimed at regular ole people who are looking for help.  The first thing the original poster needs to do is to confirm what is going on and then start treating it properly - not just assume yes it has to be herpes and start talking to their provider about treatment protocols that are never going to be done in the first place.  

grace
thank u grace for all your info   !!!!!!!!    dr. apt.wed. 7-23-08 for igg blood test for hsv 2 . girlfriend already tested positive for hsv2 .  what other tests or questions i need to give to dr.  i have been dealing w/ open blisters on gential (genital) area for almost a year. taking valtrex 500mg,  lysine 1000mg , vitamin e 400iu  , muti-vitamin .  very worried of other problems , immune system or liver problems . thank u grace verumuch !!!!  ron
Ask him if he can do a viral and bacterial culture on the affected areas.  A PCR swab is best.

Make sure he knows what medications you've been taking, including any supplements.  

Aj
Now you've had a blister for over a year?
yes , i thought i could treat myself  w/ all the meds i posted above .
A herpes blister would NOT last for a year.  A herpes blister lasts 2-3 weeks, tops.

I am seriously doubting this is herpes, but your doctor can help figure this out.

Aj
thank u !  i am positve i have hsv 2 ,gential (genital) herpes !!!  my girlfriend tested for hsv2 by igg blood test & positve hsv2 . i think having sex when blisters are not full healing hurt me . also , possible that my immune system not good , dr.apt. today .  
It doesn't matter what you are doing - a herpes blister would NOT last a year.

Even if you have herpes, this doesn't mean this sore is herpes.  It just wouldn't last a year.  Have you tried NOT having sex for awhile and see if that helps it heal?

Aj
thank u very much for for info !!!    i went to dr.7-23-08 & he is confused of my problem. however, i ask for igg blood test for gential (genital) herpes & dr. agreed . i wanting also a pcr swap but dr. stated he didn't want to waste my money. what does the pcr swap show ??? do the dr. swap the blisters or swap down the middle penis (uthera ) ?? i need to get heal  !!!  my girlfriend & i are feeling high negative feeling !!  thank u very much again !!!!!!  rt
replying your question - "have i tried stopping sex to help heal blisters" ??  yes, for weeks & months , no real progress !!!  thank u !!  rt
Well then, I see no reason to think that sex is causing it to not heal, and to support your view that this is a herpes sore that wouldn't heal for a YEAR because of sexual activity, right?  If you've abstained for weeks and months, then the sore would heal if it was herpes being aggravated by sex.

Its not herpes.

The sore itself would be swabbed.  The PCR swab would tell you if what you are experiencing is herpes.  A blood test can only tell you if you have herpes, but it can't tell you if the symptoms you are experiencing are due to herpes.

However, if this were a herpes sore - which it isn't - after a year, culturing it would be pointless.  Its hard to get an accurate swab after a few days, much less a year.

Its not herpes though - they just never ever last a year.

Aj

thank u so vry much . any other tests can tell me what is going on !!!! thanks ,rt
2cd question please . if the  igg test confirmes i have hsv2 &  my girlffriend is also hsv2 ,can i give her oral pleasure without getting  hsv1 >>>>please  help !! my love life is suffering !!!!   thank u   !!!   rt      ps no oral pleasure for me until i know the problem , you agree ???
If she has hsv2, and not hsv1, you can't get hsv1.

The number refers to the strain of the virus, not the location.  Hsv1 will always stay hsv1.  If its oral, its oral type 1, if its genital, its genital type 1.  Same with type 2.

Type 2 orally is rare, and you would have antibodies that would protect you from getting it orally.  I wouldn't worry about oral at all.

Your doctor can try and culture the area for bacteria - that's the only other test I can think of.

Aj

thank u very much for your time & excellent info !!!   sincerely rt
Did you get your results yet?

Aj
te9r- I think you are missing the point jess and I have been trying to make to you for the last 2 weeks - whether you have herpes or not is actually a moot point.  Just because you have hsv2 doesn't mean that it's the cause of everything that goes on below the belt.  You have symptoms that are inconsistant with genital herpes.  Since your regular doctor is unable to figure out what is going on and isn't recommending any different treatment I assume then you need to see a different doctor. I recommend a dermatologist.  This is not all herpes going on. Herpes would not be present non-stop for a year.  You've been taking valtrex and still have active symptoms which is one more reason why it's not likely to be due to herpes.  Only a very small percentage of folks who have hsv2 and are otherwise healthy do not respond to suppressive therapy.

As for oral sex - I would personally avoid receiving it until you've figured out what is going on though from the sounds of things you most likely have not been.

grace
no , igg blood test 7-23 & will take 5-7 days per hospital & dr.  thanks rt
grace , thank u very much for your time & outstanding info !!!!!!!!!  i will rec. dr igg test by fri. i will see a dermatologist as you advised !!! thank you !!!  rt
1st , i want to sincerely thank youfor your professional help & your time !!  i am confirmed by dr.igg test positive hsv2 contacted from girlfriend w/ postive test for hsv2 . dr.as you suggested that i see a dermatologist & apt. being made .

question -  since i & mate both confirmed w/ hsv2 , can i feel 100% safe to give her oral affection without any worries of hsv1 or anything ????

thank u so very much grace !!!!!!!!!!!!!  rt
So your doctor is still telling you it's all herpes going on based on the blood test?

You can perform oral sex on your partner when she doesn't have any active symptoms present. I advise against her performing it on you until you figure out what is also going on down yonder.

grace
GRACE  , THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!   my dr. confirmed hsv 2 by igg test . he stated the igg test isn't that good . dr. sending me to dr. carson , dermatologist .  my private general dr. didn't think i had herpes but as stated , igg test positive .
my love relationship is suffering badly .

question # 1: it will be 3 wks. before i see derm. dr., do you have any info that may shed some light on my problem . i know i don't have any inmume hiv problems , i give blood to the red cross every 60 day!!
question #2 > will giving blood help keep new good white &  red blood cells .   how do anti-body cells work ?????        thanks so much ! rt
even though you and your gf have hsv2, that doesn't mean that everything going on in the genital area is due to herpes. Hopefully the dermatologist will be better able to shed some light on what's going on.

There is nothing else I can suggest that we haven't already suggested. Getting the consult is the best course of action as was actually originally recommended to you by slacker almost a month ago in the very first response to this thread.  

donating blood doesn't affect your body's response to herpes.  I'm glad you are doing it though - more folks need to do it!!!  I also donate regularly myself :)

grace
THANK U GRACE , KEEP  HELPING US PLEASE !!!! RT
AUNTIE , THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR GOOD HELP !!  PLEASE KEEP UP THE HELP !!    THANK U !  RT
QUESTION : WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ???  

LAB RESULTS STATE  >>>
                                            HSV 2  IGG     320     TITER

SECOND LINE LAB TEST >    HSV 2  IGG    <10       TITER

PLEASE BE DETAILED AS YOU ALWAYS ARE !!!!  THANK U  VERY MUCH GRACE!! RT

I have no idea.  I am not familar with the way you posted your results.

grace
hsv 2  positive by igg     320 ???     titer    ??

hsv 2  by igg test         <10  ???      titer  ??

this is from lexington hosp. lab.     dr. hand written states   " positive  for hsv 2 ,  could represent cross reactions with cold sores vs gential (genital) herpers "

thanks rt
grace,  i was dating a lady who was confirmed w/ hsv 2 as me hsv2 . however , i met a new lady with no herpes or any std & we have had love making w/ protected laxtex condoms w/ no problems .  however, last thurs. 8-21-08 , we drank too much wine & after a long time making protected love & condom taken off , we were laying in bed facing each other without protection when all of a sudden , this lady moved down & gave me oral for just a few seconds until i stopped her . i told her i was sore / she isn't aware of my problem yet.hsv2 question : what is the possibilty % , this lady was infected orally w/ hsv 2 or anything ????????????????  thank u very much !!!!!!!!!
very low risk.

grace
THANK U GRACE  !!!!