Herpes Community
several bumps in pubic/panty line area

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

several bumps in pubic/panty line area

I have had several bumps in my pubic area. I had unprotected sex with someone a month ago. I went to the doctor and got a full std test. All came back negative. But then I read that herpes may take upto 3 months to show up in a blood test. They aren't painful and they are on my panty lline and pubic area region. I wasn't worried about the herpes until I read the tests could give you a false negative. So its been a month, I'm freaking out. I do sweat a lot. I wear pants were it has been 97 degrees everyday with 100% humidity. Does anyone know if this may be cause from sweating? They bumps don't hurt but then I mess with them and freak myself out. Oh goodness. My doctor seems to get annoyed so I don't want to go back. She didn't think I had anything and that I was fine. She only gave me the tests because I was persistant about it.
Tags: bumps
It's always best to have the actual bumps tested with a swab/culture - even if you had herpes, it doesn't mean everything IS herpes.

Do you shave your bikini line as well? Easily it can be irritation from that, or what you stated above.

Lastly, don't "mess" with them. If you've had these bumps for a month (I believe that's what you've eluded to), it's highly doubtful it's herpes. And yes, you can re-test at the 3 month mark, but in the meantime if it's not herpes going on and it's bothering you, you'd need to be seen for a proper diagnosis.
Thanks for the reply, they come and go. I do shave my bikini line, before I had the unprotected sex I was in a long term relationship, so these bumps I would have never thought twice about. I am now because I had the one night stand with someone I don't know much about. I had the blood test for hsv 1 and 2. But with reading online about how it may take up to 3 months it really bothers me. I will go to the doctor once more. And again thank you so very much
If you had these bumps before, then you definitely know it's not related to this encounter. And bumps that "come and go" almost certainly aren't herpes. Sounds more like irritation/folliculitis.