sex irritation???
A couple of nights ago I had unprotected sex with a "friend" that I have known for awhile. I have not had many sexual partners nor do I have sex frequently. We had sex for about 3 hours (which is a long time for me) in various positions and various roughness levels and I also shaved right before this encounter. The day after My outter vagina ( about where my bartholin glands are) was tender. But this was a normal feeling to me...I have experienced it in the past after a long or rough sex session. After I showered I decided to take a look though. The skin between my vagina and anus had a little paper cut looking cut and then I had an oblong "raw" spot right outside my vagina...again..right about where my bartholin glands are. Then next day it itched a little but only if I though about it really. Is this just a raw patch from the friction of sex..and now it is healing? so it itches a little and new tissue is growing over it? I dont have any other herpes symptoms, I feel fine!  I feel like I may be a little parnoid becuase I usually dont venture out in the sexual department. ( this was the first person I have had sex with that wasnt a long term boyfriend) I am on Mirena birth control so i dont know if that could maybe contribute to thinnning the skin around my vagina or what..I know hormonal changes from birth control can sometimes do that. Any opinion is helpful! Thanks.
herpes symptoms won't show up the next day.  much more likely irritation.

since you had unprotected sex, you can follow up with proper testing at the proper times. you can get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and trich after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.  

grace