Herpes Community
small red bumps in crease of leg and groin

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I had protected sex about 3 months ago with a guy. We used a latex condom. After we had sex he told me that he ex girlfriend has herpes but that he didn't and had been test negative so I didn't have to worry. I did not see any evident bumps on his penis or butt or anywhere. About a week later i got some red bumps on my buttocks. They were realy itchy but went away about a week later. Then about a month or so later I got some bumps which appeared to be from shaving on the upper inner part of the crease of my leg between my vagina and leg. I have gotten bumps from shaving before. Also, it has been very hot and i work in an office and sit most of the day. so it gets really moist and hot in the crease of my leg. I am just not sure. The bumps do not hurt, not sore, dont itch. The seem to be very little and kind of like an ant bite. There are several. not in a cluster but not very far from each other. I am freaking a little that it may be herpes. What do you recommend I do.?  Do you think I need to test for herpes and if so which test would be the best to detect since I had sex with this person about 3 months ago.thanks. if anyone has had similar symptoms please respond.
Have you been seen to have this looked at when you're symptomatic? Indeed it does sound like irritation from shaving, or heat rash, but you'd still need to be examined to know. Also, a one time protected encounter is incredibly low risk, and to boot he told you he tested negative (assuming he's being honest).

At this point yes, you can get an IgG type specific blood test for herpes.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers