soap allergery
i have had soap allergery's for years and my vaginia has swelled up in the past.so i was wondering what does it mean to be swelled up and i had a cold sore on my lip and i took Valacyclovir and my swelling went down.i have had hsv 1 since i was 12 and i'm 41 now.i haven't had any tingling or lesions on my vaginia.does this sound like herpes
wyg
it doesnt sound like the classic symptoms. although it does sound possible since it cleared up with the med. i have hsv2 n have no clue what my symptoms are. i only know cuz of the blood testing. so thats what i would recomend the only way to tell is by the igg type specific blood work
i was hoping you would tell me it was a concidence about the soap making me swell up.i went a couple of days later to my doctor for a papsmear and he said i looked ok down there other than being irritated.
wyg
hey im not a professional just a new member looking for help also. that was just my opinion. you will get other advice from other people n im sure people will tell you this is not herpes. i was just giving my opinion on it. sorry if its not what you wanted to hear. maybe i shouldnt give my advice. maybe wrong for posting my thoughts? sorry :(
no your ok hun.i'm not mad or anything.can i please ask you a question though?i hope you don't mind me asking.how long did it take you to have your first out break?
wyg
sorry it took so long to get back to ya. i never knew of myself ever having an out break. i just know i have it cuz i had positive blood work. i have no idea if i got it 10 years ago, 3 or just this past yr. which i really wish i knew when i was having an outbreak! but they say 90% of ppl don't even know they have hsv.
thats ok hun.so do you have outbreaks now?i have been so depressed thinking about what if.i just don't have the guts to get a blood test.i know i would be positive because i get cold sores on my lips.thanks Sarah
wyg
i have never noticed what i would have ever assumed to be herpes. i always get razor burn, so i dont know if supposably when im having an outbreak im mistaking it, or even kind of embarrasing but a zit here or there on my butt. i have no idea, cuz the pics on the net are completely not what i have ever had, my doc nor myself had ever suspected herpes. but if u get the igg type specific it will tell if u have hsv1 or hsv2, or in my case both.
wyg
as for being depressed, i went thru that whole thing n freaking out for over a month. now i am trying to get used to 'living with it' although i do inspect my girl, and am always thinking and cautious about spreading 'any' germs anymore. but for me i felt like if i got the results there was a chance for it to be (-), and it would be best to know if i should take the precautions of not spreading it in the future. so in my opinion u should get tested u might be neg. n wont have to be depressed and you wont have to wonder anymore! i know i couldnt wait to get my results, my mind could b at rest!!
thank you for writting me back i know i will be positive for hsv1 because i get coldsores.the reason i'm scared about getting tested is because i gave my hubby a b.j. with a cold sore on my lip.i have done a lot of praying that i don't have herpes.
wyg
like grace had told you before, i dont think its common at all to get hsv1 on your genitals after already having it on your mouth. he probably never got any symptoms on his genitals after because you said it was before you got the cold sore. also if he would have gotten anything from the encounter it would have been hsv1 of the genitals not hsv2(the...original genital herpes-i guess is what im gonna call it). so he would have the cold sore herpes on his genitals that reoccurs less frequent than the hsv2.
thanks for writting back.i know that it would be hsv1 on the genitalsi heard hsv 2 is really bad when you have a breakout.thank God.me nor hubby has had any outbreaks or Lesions or ulcers.i just pray that we don't get nothing.