Herpes Community
soap allergerys

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

soap allergerys

i have had a soap allergerys for years and I have used different soaps.i was swollen up in my vaginia i was freaking out i had a cold sore on my lip(i have had hsv1 orally since i was 12 i'm 41 now)so i took Valacyovir and the swelling in my vaginia started to go down.i had touched myself  down south weeks before.i had my papsmear and the doctor said i looked ok down there other than being irriated a little.i haven't had no tingling/lesions.i'm just wondering does that sound like herpes?
Tags: vaginia swelling cold sore
Possibly gave it to yourself down below, or it could just be another allergic reaction. Wait for symptoms like swollen glands around your pelvis or small "paper cuts" down there that sting. Otherwise, your "soap allergy" could just be HSV1 that manifests as swelling and itching. You may not have a soap allergy at all, it might have been HSV1 all along.
will you transmit your oral herpes infection to your genital area? no you will not.

if you were seen and your provider saw no signs of an active herpes ob, no reason to think that this was genital herpes at all.  

grace
thanks Grace.me and hubby hasn't had any symptoms of herpes no tingling or lesions.
would you say me and hubby are o.k.?i gave him a blow job and a few hours later i had a cold sore pop up on my lower lip.(it was like a small dot)i still don't have any tingling or lesions.i check myself everyday.
thanks for the advice hun.i have been waiting on symptoms.
has he ever been tested to know his own herpes status? does he get cold sores?
yes he has hsv 1 orally too.he has 2 outbreaks on his lips before.
if he already has hsv1 himself, not likely he'd contract it genitally later on. always err on the side of caution and don't perform oral with active cold sores present since bacteria can get into them to make them get infected.
thank you Grace i didnt know i was getting a cold sore until it started itching and tingling hours later.
yeah I know that part, was just saying for future reference :)
thanks i appreciate your advice.i think i have been lucky that i don't got no symptoms.i have given him a blow job and a cold sore has come up like twice.i have been praying that i don't catch nothing.
i wanted to ask a question.this person i know has a man and she says they don't have herpes but he has cut marks on his penis.(she told me this)
your friend needs to have her partner follow up properly on his genital issues to find out what they are.

if you and your partner had full std testing done and neither of you had anything other than hsv1, why would you think you'd get something from performing oral on him?
well me and hubby has never really been tested for herpes.i have never had tingling or lesions.i have been tested for h.i.v when i had surgury.i always heard you can get hsv1 on the geitiles if you perform oral sex on someone with a cold sore.
hey Grace. i was wanting to ask since me and hubby has the same strain of hsv1 orally(i gave it to him orally)what are the chances that i can i give him hsv1 on his gentials?
once you have hsv1 on one body part, you aren't likely to contract it on another body part later on. err on the side of caution and never perform oral when you have an active cold sore present.
thanks for answering so quickly.i appreciate your comment.
hey i was just wanting to say the doctor took my culture last week Wednesday and i still haven't gotten my test results back.(i am being tested for Chylamadia Gonnorea and Trichnosis and B.V.)i know i should be tested for herpes but i just ain't got the guts yet.what i'm asking is shouldn't i know my test results by now?thanks Sarah
just wanted to say i got my test results back from my std test and everything is negative.i know the next step is to be tested for herpes but i just don't got the guts.i'm scared to death.
just do it and get it over with. why worry needlessly when you can get answers?
thanks and i agree but the waiting is what would kill me.i wish i coul take the test and know instantly.
what is a few more days of anxiety?  
hello Grace thank you for writting me.i went to my practioner today and i talked to her about the herpes test.she said she couldn't test me because it would come up positive because i get cold sores on my lips.plus i told her about me giving my husband a blow job with a cold sore and she says that my antibodies wouldn't protect me,.i'm confused.she made me feel like i already have gential (genital) herpes from giving my husband a b.j.what do you think?
I think your provider isn't very up to date on herpes testing :(

type specific herpes igg blood testing gives you totally different results - 1 for hsv1 ( which you already know you have ) and 1 for hsv2. really all you need is hsv2 testing .  

hsv1 isn't a real issue in your relationship since you both have it. you should err on the side of caution though and neither of you should perform oral on the other when you have active cold sores present.  Having hsv1 orally gives you significant protection against contracting hsv1 genitally later on but not 100% .
Regarding protection from getting hsv-1 genitally if you have it orally...

I have had oral hsv-1 for about 15 years now, with two episodes of vaginal sores in the last two years.  Tests have actually come out neg on the vaginal sores both times.  So, considering my lengthy time with oral, what are the odds that the vaginal sores are the same virus?
thank you.thats what i thought my antibodies would protect me a little.
i don't have any kind of breakout on my vaginia.or my husband doesn't have any sores on his penis.me and my husband have the same strain hsv 1 orally.i guess the chances would be low for it to be the same virus.thank you for your comment.
i agree Grace my practioner isn't up to date.I'm not going to give him nomore blowjobs with a cold sore on my lip.so if i test negative for hsv2 then i know i don't have gential (genital) herpes.thanks Grace for writting me.Sarah
glad you are finally getting answers to move forward :)
Grace,i'm sorry to bother you but i went tothe bathroom last night and i noticed a litlle bubble there on the side of my vaginia i popped it there was no puss.it didn'r even itch or burn.it hurt a little.does this sound like herpes?thank you Sarah
i wanted to tell you i shave down there so do you thoink it could be an ingrown hair maybe?i haven't had any kind of tingling.thank you Sarah
doesn't really sound like herpes. if you get a recurrence, don't pop it but be seen.
thank you for writting me.i already popped it and it's almost gone.
this happened a while back.i had a mesquito bit on my vaginia and then like 15 minutes later it disappered.what do you think it could be?could i have hives or something?thanks in advance.
i also wanted to mention i haven't been with nobody but my husband.
nothing herpes related goes away in 15 minutes.
i had whire lines that came up on my vaginia but disppeared too.i wonder if it's the meds i'm taking?i take methimazole for my thyroids.
hello I was hoping you could answer my question.i wokeup this morning with a small  bump on my vaginia lip.it doesn't hurt or itch or tingle.i squeezed it but nothing came out. it had a white head on it.thanks in advance.
could be many things. I certainly wouldn't think a std at this point!!

don't pop things!!!
thanks Grace.i appreciate you answering my question.