Herpes Community
sores in back of throat

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

sores in back of throat

I recently had gotten sick with fever sore throat and fatigue. doctor said it was a viral infection and prescribed azithromycin for five days. i finished the antibiotics. however i noticed sores in the back of my throat near the hangy thing. they sort of look like cankers but not. they are red bumps. they dont hurt but im concerned whether these are from the sore throat when i was sick or a herpes outbreak.
you need to be seen again and have these checked out.

we don't treat viral infections with antibiotics. certainly question your provider as to why you were given them to take.

grace
The first time i went to doc for being sick he didnt give me anything for it. but felt wprse so he gave me the antibiotic the second time i seen him. i am not sire what this is. i am scared of the sores or bumps in back of the throat. i am not sure if its a outbreak or not. i am a very paranoid person and worry about anything. any ideas what the spres can be?
usually it's strep throat but since you've been on antibiotics, hard to tell which is why being seen is a good idea.

no real reason to think oral herpes.
Thank you grace
Hello grace. I went to doc about sores and redness in throat and he swabbed for strep and it came back negative. I asked him if it couldbe my first hsv1 peal outbreak. And he said since i have had them for two to three weeks it would have been gone by now if it was an outbreak. He believes that even with the seven days of azithromycin it wasnt enough to fully take my virus away and i still have the issues with the throat. He said since i had the sore throat then these sores are from that and prescribed me ten days of clindamycin and then diflucan to take away the yeast infection the. Clindamycin has always given me. Whats your opinion on this?

Oh by the way the doc said even thou my hsv1 is genital it can still travel up to my mouth?  What do you think?
try this 2nd round of antibiotics and see if that helps. if it doesn't, see an ENT specialist for further evaluation.

Went back to doc as the bumps are not gone. The doc said they are lymph node nodule s a normal healthy immune response and took me off antibiotic. Mess. He said they should clear up. Its been two w
eeks and I'm still scared.
continue to follow up with your providers as needed.
Well got doc appt for mouth. Issue. Been two months and not gone. Other doc had no openings. Scared that this is the worst.. really bad pa

ranoia. If not outbreak what could it be. Scared. Had full panel std, well except for the have 1 i already have but been tested and syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and hive etch and everything negative. But what could this be?