Herpes Community
tailbone herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

tailbone herpes

i have herpes on my tailbone. how did this happen? if its genital herpes wouldnt i have it on my genitals too? also how is it contagious? touch the sore then touch someone else? or body fluid? will this affect pregnany beings the vaginal cannal isnt affected? or is it just a contact thing? HELP!!
How were you diagnosed as having genital herpes?

Genital herpes can occur anywhere in the "boxer short" area. So no, an outbreak doesn't necessarily have to occur there. However, even if your OBs are on your tailbone, you can still transmit the virus from having genital or anal sex.
herpes on your tailbone is still genital herpes.  You need to take the same precautions as someone who has lesions on their actual genitals.

grace
ok so to clarify. i could have contracted it thru intercoarse but only have outbreaks on my tailbone? and my partner can still be infected even without contact of the actual sore? ie oral sex? i was diagnosed when i had a positive blood test towards the end of an OB. also im trying to concieve (conceive), do i need to be worried about infecting the baby even though its high on my buttocks (top of crack)?
correct, you got this through sex but your ob's are occuring on your tailbone area. it's all the same nerve group and lesions can occur anywhere on that nerve group. the typical area for ob's is the boxer short area as we refer to it - the areas of the body that a normal pair of boxers would cover.

You shed the virus periodically in between obvious lesions too.

Has your partner been tested yet? if not, that's your next step.

since you've had herpes prior to becoming pregnant, no risk to the baby until the time of delivery.

the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com is a terrific resource and free to read online. I highly recommend glancing through it when you have time :)

grace