terrified
Hi everyone. Exactly one month and two days ago, I had unprotected sex with a guy I was casually seeing. I have since been absolutely terrified that I managed to contract HSV-2. I haven't had any symptoms (and I've been scouring myself, believe me) until today, when a small bump appeared on my perineum. It's small, it isn't sensitive at all, and it doesn't really seem like a blister. I squeezed it with a pair of tweezers and nothing came out, and I also plucked a hair from it. When I stretch my skin out, it becomes smaller and less noticeable. I'm terrified, terrified, terrified that this is herpes, and I was wondering if it sounded like it, or if anyone on the forum has had similar symptoms. I'm HSV-1 positive, so I'd expect my initial outbreak to be less severe/noticeable.
it doesn't sound like herpes to me. does your partner have hsv2?
I don't know. He says he's never had any kind of symptoms or outbreak, but it's not uncommon for it to be asymptomatic.
this doesn't sound at all like herpes. do not continue to pick at whatever it is though!

since you had unprotected sex, you can follow up with proper testing at the proper times. you can test for chlamydia , gonorrhea and trich now. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months. odds are the partner in question doesn't get full std testing so cover your bases.

have you had your gardasil shot series for hpv?

we recommend protected sex because it works - protect yourself in the future and if your pants are off, a condom should be on a male partner :)

grace