Herpes Community
tested positive for herpes 1 and 2 never had a breakout

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

i was recently tested positive for herpes 1 and 2 in august. back 10 yrs ago i supposibily had it also those test come back unknown thru swabbing.. in these years i dont remember ever having a breakout. i took a medicine called valtrex and then i started having symptoms. it seemed. the more the milligrams increased the worse the symptoms. the constant pressure in the vagina area. i went back to the doctor no signs of herpes 2 outbreak. doctor said quit taking medication until i had a outbreak. i went to different doctors to be checked every time i felt something could be wrong..again no signs of lesions. this has mentally tore me apart. 3 out of 5 dr.s wonder if i even have it.. they say i need to retest the blood again. i dont remember much from my childhood but as far as i can remember i have never had a fever blister. i dont know about chicken pox. what is going on. i have never passed this disease to anyone. i even had a child in those 10 yrs.
if you can get the results of your blood test to post here I can better help you. I need the actual numeric results - ie hsv1 igg 5.6 and hsv2 igg 5.4 or whatever they are.

Why were you tested 10 years ago?

grace
ten yrs ago i wore thong underwear that had a clamped decorative stud in the vagina area. i dont know if that had anything to do with it, but i had a horribleburning sensation in my vagina arebetween the vagina and anal area. there were small little blisters down there. the test results were like a 4. something and a 3. something for the other. the other doctors want the blood work retested said it could be wrong...idk...
If you are going to retest for herpes with a blood test, get a biokit hsv2 igg or a herpes WB to confirm the results of your current test.  

I'm sure the metal in the decorations on your thong wasn't high quality - ever have issues with metal allergies/nickel allergies?  They wouldn't cause a herpes test to be falsely positive but could explain the symptoms 10 years ago that's for sure.

grace
no it wouldnt. but the test that was taken 10 yrs ago was a swab and it come back unknown. i thought it could have rubbed me raw and made a few places. these places never hurt otherwise as far as i remember. i do not know what lesions look like or what a outbreak looks like. dr.s say they are very painful sores that resemble an ulcer. but that is after they break open what about before. blister with fluid in them.? is there a certain kind of discharge b4 an outbreak..this bllood test was taken in aug of 09.i am so confused. i have little red raised places to come up once in a while at the. hairline of the outer labia. they do not hurt. do not really itch either unless you move the hair around. they are where the vein runs. no burning when you urinate does not hurt to the touch. again i have asked dr.s about that and they say that isnt a breakout. it would be painful to touch them but what if the place hasnt ulcerated yet, would it still be painful.
Not everyone who gets herpes ob's experiences ulcerations that they can see or a lot of pain. For some folks it's just redness and/or itching.

At this point pick one doctor who you've seen who seems to be someone you would follow up with if you had a choice.  continue to work thru this with them and repeat your blood test with one of the 2 I mentioned to rule out a false positive. Continue to follow up for any unusual symptoms you have genitally too.  Hard to tell if what you have near the hairline in your genital area is a folliculitis or ingrown hairs going on or herpes so next time you have them, see if you can get a lesion culture done on them within 48 hours of their appearance.

grace
how do i delete our conversation. thank you for you help. i will get another test done. this is all so confusing for me. thank you again.
I can delete this entire post for you if you want me too. Make sure you wrote down the info on testing that I recommended though there are a few posts in my journal here on medhelp about confirmatory testing you can refer to in the future if you need to.

grace
thank you so much for your help. i wrote those down. and i would greatly appreciate it if you did delete this... thanks again